Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie I60 quesion >

Moultrie I60 quesion

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie I60 quesion

Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie I60 quesion

Just curious here, I decided to use my I60 as a video cam for the winter months and of cource have it on the 30 sec setting for the daytime, I went to the woods yesterday to fetch memory cards and noticed that all the night video were only 5 secs is that normal? and also after a little while it only took pics instead of videos, I have some name brand newer batteries in there, I figured it would atleast take 15 sec or even 10 sec night videos

Ok here is a normal day video

a night video

another night video

and what is up with the color of this photo? i got about 15 or 20 of these?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it works like my I-40s, that is normal. Someone explained it to me once but I forget the reasons. But yes it is normal.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

what part is "normal" the really really short video or the color in the still shot? I am thinking that the little arm that comes up during the day must have been stuck or something that is why it has that color in the one night pic, I am not impressed with the videos not be more than 5 seconds tho ;-(
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

moultrie has a five second default mode at night. dont know why other than to save battery life. it takes the normal video during daylight then has a default at night 5 seconds. love my moultries to death just dont like that 5 seconds at night.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

well that is dumb cause I have moultrie d55irs and they atleast have 10 second night video
Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 of the D55-IR Moultrie Game Spy. These all have the 15 second night video. I emailed Moultrie shortly after I purchased them to see if they had any future plans of extending the night video to 30 seconds. They replied; "No as the longer night video would shorten battery life". When set for video, the camera takes a picture, a delay, then the video. I would have liked just the video because various videos have caught only part of the animal that the picture showed complete due to the delay between picture and video.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

it just don't make sense that the cheaper d55ir has a longer night video than the more exepensive "better" camera