Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
how to link camera to home computer >

how to link camera to home computer

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

how to link camera to home computer

Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default how to link camera to home computer

Are there any game cameras out there that are reasonably priced, that are capable of sending pictures to your phone or computer? I dont understand how this works, could someone please explain if there's anything extra you have to buy. Any input is appreciated.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Last I checked, these camera setups were going for $700+, but that was a year or two ago. The ones I'm familiar with use a cell phone signal to send the pictures to either your email or phone. This means that you need a reliable cell service in the are you plan to hang the camera, not always a viable options in the middle of nowhere.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Buck-eye Cam and Moultrie I believe are the only manufacturers right now that make a camera which has the capibility to send pictures to your computer. Moultrie's technology is not the greatest from what I understand but Buck-eye Cam is very cool. With Buck-eye Cams technology there are a lot of different options, something you can look up on their website.

Reconyx is coming out with something in the next year or so that will be more advanced using cellphone technology instead of a modem.

All this technolgy comes at a price of nearly $1000 just to get set-up.

For more info check out wildviewweb.com. There are a number of Buck-eye Cam users on that website and the owner of the website is very knowledgeable source for trailcam users.

Last edited by dbllunged; 12-29-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the choices that I know of.

Smart Scouter...About $600.00 Lousy pictures

Scoutguard SG580...About $350.00 Poor reviews on chasingame.com

Moultrie Game Management System...About $400.00 Monthly service is $90.00 per month Probably has the best pics of this group.

Penns Woods Cellular-Scout...About $600 Had one of the first transmitting cameras. Not sure if they are still in business.

Buckeyecam...About $1800-$2400 The Cadilac of these types of cameras but you definately pay for it

Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim