Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx Question

Old 11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default Reconyx Question

I'm planning on buying a Reconyx Hyperfire sometime in the next few months. I know its late in the season, but from a finical stand point I needed to wait. I also wanted to hear other peoples opinions on how the new Hyperfire models are working. My question is this, do cameras like these typically go on sale towards the end of the year with new models to be introduced next spring or is the price pretty well fixed?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know that I've ever seen a Reconyx on sale anywhere. That being said, you could at least get one with free shipping being cyber Monday. One thing is for sure, you are getting the very best camera made.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Spike

Have'nt bought one yet, but heard there are the ****. After seeing what they do through buds, would'nt choose anything else. Save your money, you won't regret it!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

The picture quality of the Hyperfire doesn't seem to be as good as previous models. You may want to consider purchasing the RC60HO. Black flash and an excellent camera.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I own a Reconyx RM 45 (rated #1 by Chasingame.com) which is 2 seasons old and a HC 500 which I purchased in July 2010. I have had very good luck with both cameras. I think the batterylife on the RM 45 is a bit better but I have not tried the lithium batteries in the HC 500 yet. As for the picture quality I believe the HC 500 is better only because the flash reaches further during darkness.

My friend has 4 of the Reconyx HC 60HOs and the picture quality is the best I have ever seen. Because the (High Output/HD) images the batterylife is not as good even with lithium batteries.

I am going to sell the RM 45 and purchase another HC 500 if anyone is interested. All updates have been done and the camera is currently in the field so if you want any sample pictures please PM me with an email address to send them. $325 is what I am asking.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
I don't know that I've ever seen a Reconyx on sale anywhere. That being said, you could at least get one with free shipping being cyber Monday. One thing is for sure, you are getting the very best camera made.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
x2 on that!!!