Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Anyone else had this problem with Wildgame? >

Anyone else had this problem with Wildgame?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Anyone else had this problem with Wildgame?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone else had this problem with Wildgame?

I have several Wildgame IR cameras. I've noticed the night pictures are mostly all black, even if the deer is standing three feet in front of the camera. The day pictures look perfect. The batteries read half charge. Do they need a full charge to get better night pictures? I wouldn't think this would make that much of a difference on a IR camera. The cameras aren't even a year old. Would a total memory reset take care of this problem? When they were new the night pictures were very clear.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a set of fully charged batteries. The IR will require more power at night. I find once the batteries get to 1.0 to 1.2 volt they will not operate the camera properly. For instance in the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail camera when set to video, if the bottom 4 batteries are low, instead of getting a 30 second video which I had the camera set for, the video can vary, with each video being a different length and less than 30 second setting. I my case, the day videos were perfect because the IR was not called for. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I'll go out this week and change them. Have you tried the external power supply for your cameras? I was wondering if they last longer.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

cuda67: I used the 12 volt external supply on the Wild View Ez Cam and also on the Spy Point IRB. This made a big difference and also let me operate my cameras in much colder weather. I had some out in -30 degree fahrenheit. Not many pictures or video at this temperature due to lack of animal movement. I used the 12 volt 300 series energizer available at Wal Mart. The batteries were checked, usually once a week when checking my cameras. I used a digital multi meter. I usually swapped out the batteries when they drop to around 8 or 9 volt. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

wildgame cameras are horrible I have had 3 broken ir4s i bought one and they kept sending new ones and they kept breaking. Get a infrared moultrie like 40 bucks more but havent had a problem with it at all. Its takin thousands of pictures already