Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
OK need some help from anybody that has used a leaf river IR 3bu >

OK need some help from anybody that has used a leaf river IR 3bu

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

OK need some help from anybody that has used a leaf river IR 3bu

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default OK need some help from anybody that has used a leaf river IR 3bu

Just got this camera yesterday, and it is as i have read kinda confusing how to operate the thing, but I am trying really hard to figure it out, a couple of the things that are really important to figure out right now is 1 can someone explain to me how to get to the camera functions?? I am doing exactly as the directions say 1 turn main power on on the bottom of the camera, 2 wait for the backlight to turn off on the lower screen 3 hit the cam\pw button, and wait for the little red light to go off then hit the center buttong on the top contols, now I have done that a hundered and 6 times and only was able to get that option to open 2 times last night, now my question there is when the camera options are able to be accessed is the light between the botton that indicates "cam in use" supposed to be on or off???? I have tried it in all ways and like I said only two times have I accessed the menu on the on board veiwer.

the other question is I bought a memory card for this thing, stuck it in and had the camera take pictures and nothing is going on the card ;-( my question there is do you have to format it first on the camera? just putting it in isn't good enough? and again to format it you need to access the top screen and the menus from that screen ;-( and well we all know that I can't for some reason do that yet
all brand new batteries too and I double checked them all with a meter and all are were at over 1.60

thanks in advance, any advice would be helpful
Old 11-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I consider myself to be a veteran of trailcams, having owned many brands and types over the years. But I was completely stumped by the leaf River when it came time to program it. I ended up calling them and they were very helpful over the phone. And don't worry, it's not like when you call Moultrie, you get somebody right away. As far as the SD card goes, I would ask them when you call what card they recommend. I have used the sandisk with no problems. Good luck!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

the memory card I bought was a sandisk, and I was planning on calling them later today but I don't have a cell signal and I thought I would ask these profesionals first LOL
thanks Pastor Jim
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Ok well as Pastor Jim said Leaf river customer service is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING and again I say NOTHING like Moultrie, just called them as I was heading to the next stop on my day figureing it was about 2 miles away so I had plenty of time to get there and well was I ever wrong, withing about 30 seconds I was talking to the tech and well he said O just call me back when you get to your stop and I will fix your problem for ya, So I did and well I got to my stop and called back and guess what about 25 seconds later he fixed my reason why I coudl't get to the camea options LOL, and also informed me that the reason my card wont work is because this leaf river will not exept anything higher than a REGULAR 2GB card and of cource nobody sells 2gbs atleast where i have been so I guess Iwill be going back to old reliable EBAY LOL