Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

SG550 Problem

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default SG550 Problem

I have a problem with an SG550 I just recently bought from a guy used. I noticed that the little arm deal that swings in front of the lens is only swinging halfway through and in turn is blocking part of the picture. I dont know what the arm does but I was going to see if anyone else has had this problem or what I should do about it? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

What you see is the IR Filter. When the cam is off, that will swing loosely. If you tap the cam, you will see it move. When the cam is on, it will move into place. To test it, tap the cam while its off until that o-ring looking lens filter is halfway in front of the lens. While looking at it, turn the cam on. It should move into place within seconds............
Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Bee Busy. I have noticed on my other ones that you can tap them and it moves freely. This one does also but before it would just move like halfway to where it should be. Now it doesnt seem to be moving at all. I will check it more later. Is this expensive to fix if something is actually broke? I love these camera's and will do anything to get it fixed. Do you sell the remotes for these that have the older/bigger style usb port?