Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Placement Now?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Placement Now?

Where do you guys get the most pictures of bucks this time of year?? i am thinking of moving 2 cameras that are on trails onto a scrapes. I am not sure if they are main scrapes or not so i am unsure if i will get alot of pictures. Anyways where do you get the most buck shots now??
Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

I moved all of my cameras to scrapes 2 or 3 weeks ago and it has been awesome to see the number of bucks hitting the scrapes. I will through some pics up tomorrow of some of the bucks.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends what your objectives are. During the pre-rut I tend to keep them on scrapes and I try to get community scrapes going before the bucks really start making them. which was 4 weeks ago now for me. If I knew the bucks were bedding somewhere close I'd move my cameras to trails coming from them to try and figure out a time to intercept them if they are moving during the daylight. If you want to get a general censes of the alot of the bucks around then scrapes are your best bet but you might be late if they are already rutting. Once the rutt kicks they may hit scrapes from time to time to check for does but they arent working them everyday like the prerut so funnels and trails are your best bet during the rutt sometimes if you arent leaving them on scrapes. If you have scrape lines they are working good during prerut I leave them on scrapes to try and figure out what time of the day the bucks are moving mostly and if any of the shooters are in the light. This year my prerutt buck movement has been best from 8 until 9:30am and 3:00 to 6:30pm. My buddy said his movement in the morning was best from 8:30 until 11am. Now its getting into the main rutt and I havent had hardly any mature bucks hit the scrapes now and if they do they walk up and smell and keep moving but they are still there as I saw 3 of the bigger ones on stand this last weekend but just skirting the scrapes and scent checkin does cruising.