Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Tasco & water problem!! >

Tasco & water problem!!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Tasco & water problem!!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tasco & water problem!!

I purchased one the new Tasco mini style cameras. 8 mp, infrare red for $99 @ Cabelas. Put it out 9/26, checked it for first time 10/17 to find the camera all water logged inside!! I mean I opened it up, and the water ran out of it, batteries were all corroded, viewing screen was all fogged. Now I will say during the period it was out there was a severe rain storm that dumped around 6-7" of rain. But on the other hand I have 5 other cameras up on same property, and none of those had any water effects.
Right now the camera is still drying out, and remains to see if will work again. If not its going back.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems with these new designs, either the Tasco or Bushnell?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your camera. I hope it works after it dries out but I wouldn't hold out much hope because from your description, it sounds as if it could have been wet for a while. Keep us posted.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seven of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy cameras out since mid Feb. March of 2010 in rain and snow with no problems so far. I also have Wild View EZ Cam and Spy point IRB with no problems. These are a well sealed cameras. About a month and a half ago I purchased some Moultrie Game SDpy D55-IR. No problems, but they haven't been out as long either. Moultrie uses a flat gasket. The others use a recessed "o-ring" which is a much better design.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about your trouble. We have 10 Cuddtbacks out since lastyear with no trouble. Hope you are able to get your problem solved.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

severe rain or not, cams should not ever leak. I'd send it back.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Four 2009 Bushnells and two Wildgame X6C's.
No issues with Bushnells, but I had a sililar issue as your with one of the Wildgames.
1/2 hour in front of the dehumidifier and all was back to 100%.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I let it dry out all wk. Took it out yesterday, and put it up in middle of a group of apple tree's thats all tracked up. I set it up to take 3 pics every 5 secs. I wanted to make it work to test it. I pulled the sd card this afternoon, and just got done checking it. 129 pics, and came out pretty good. So its still ticking!!