Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Which Do You Like Better? >

Which Do You Like Better?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Which Do You Like Better?

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Which Do You Like Better?

Which do you like better pictures, or videos of deer?
I like videos, but it doesn't show the day of the week, and time of day.
One 15 second video is like a bunch of pictures.

So which do yall like better?

Thank You.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on the situation. As far as date and time on vids, I know it doesn't appear on the video but it should give you that info when you mouse over the file on your computer. By the way, have you replaced the camera that was stolen yet?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Spike

I'm starting to really like the video because it shows the deers' behavior along with what is there. And like pastor jim said, you can just right click on the file and click on 'properties' and it will tell you when the video was made (date and time).
Old 10-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera when set to video shows: month, day year, hour, minutes, seconds in the file on the computer (in my case using Windows Xp in My Documents). Putting this into Windows Movie Maker and slowly moving the slide bar, then it will show this information at the start.
Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR when set to video will first, take a picture, followed by a video. The picture will show: temp., moon phase, month, day, year hour, minutes but no seconds. One is also able to enter a camera location when setting it up.
Spy Point IRB does not record this information when set to video.
I also keep a log book to record additional information: date, time, weather condition when I check my cameras. I also record what camera I may have moved or replaced batteries in.
I prefer video, because it is more interesting watching what the animals are doing. I do not have a camera with sound but have watched a few videos forum members have submitted. There was one where two bucks were sparring, and to hear the antlers clash just added more realizim to the video.