Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
i hoped this wouldnt happen >

i hoped this wouldnt happen

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

i hoped this wouldnt happen

Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default i hoped this wouldnt happen

I bought a 2010 Bushnell trophy cam in May of this year and it has worked with no problem up until last week. I went to check it after leaving a treestand from hunting in the same area. When i looked at how many pictures i had i noticed it was about twice the number i normally have. i put another card in it and brought the one that was in it home to check the pictures. The first 3 or 4 days everything was as good as usual then it just started taking pictures every minute or so. I went back to check it today to see if the same thing was happening to find the battery dead and my card full. It is now taking pictures almost every minute and is staying in IRmode even during the day with plenty of light. The daytime pictures being in IR are a pinkish red color and i cant make out anything. So im going to send it off to Bushnell to be repaired. I know others have had this problem with this model. I was wondering how Bushnell handled the problem and if you had to pay for anything. How long did it take to get back to you?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I give them credit, they tries hard. I had mine back to them 3 times. The only time I was annoyed with them was when I returned the replacement they sent me because it had a hyperactive sensor (lots of pictures of nothing). I sent it back to them, 3 weeks later I got it back with a note, software upgrade completed. Well, that did nothing to solve the hardware issue. When I called again, I asked for a manager and they sent me out a new camera and a shipping label for the screwed up one.

Really, overall, I can not complain about the service, but I can complain some about the issues with their product.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first Bushnell had the same problem you are describing. Fortunately, I had purchased mine from Trailcampro and was still in their ninety day warranty period. They sent me a new one, no questions asked, in a couple of days. I have heard from a few others that Bushnells turn around time is 30-60 days. Not very comforting I know, but at least it is under warranty. I really hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction. Really bites, having to mess around with shipping things back and forth and dealing with people you can't actually speak to face to face. Keep us posted.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one and had it returned after a month. it worked then all I got when I tried to go to menus was a blue screen. The co I bought it from refunded me the money, but i choose to pick a Cuddeback instead.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Spike

Well i called Bushnell today and after being on hold for about 10 minutes i got threw to someone. I told the person the problems i was having and she told me to just send it in and they would replace it. So i'm gonna send it in soon and hope the next one will last longer.