Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell trophy cam fried again! >

Bushnell trophy cam fried again!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell trophy cam fried again!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bushnell trophy cam fried again!

Anyone else having major problems out of these cameras? I have already sent it back once and I have only had it back for a 1 1/2 or so. Checked it a week ago and it would load half of the videos, but the others would say "file not supported". No big deal, so I checked the batteries (they were full) and put it back out. Checked it yesterday and now it wont even power on! I put brnad new batteries in it and still nothing. I know 6 guys that have bushnell's and all but one have had to send them back for repairs or replacement. That one guy hasn't put his out since last year.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Out of 7 BTCs I have only replaced one and it was because it kept jumping date/time. It was an '09 model. Bushnell replaced it with a '10 model Bone Collector and I fell in love with the '10 model and purchased two more which have also worked great for me. I will get one or two whiteouts right about dark but nothing to lose any sleep over. Other than that, no problems to report at this time.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J.M.A.N.
Out of 7 BTCs I have only replaced one and it was because it kept jumping date/time. It was an '09 model. Bushnell replaced it with a '10 model Bone Collector and I fell in love with the '10 model and purchased two more which have also worked great for me. I will get one or two whiteouts right about dark but nothing to lose any sleep over. Other than that, no problems to report at this time.

consider yourself lucky. all the ones that we've gotten have been problem after problem. i feel like a douche because i recommended the bushnell to 4 of my buddies. they've all had problems.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Are these the 2010 models? If they are you are not alone. The 2010 models have had alot of problems. I have 2 of the 2009 models and had to send one back because ants got into it and messed it all up otherwise no problems yet.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem of not powering up is just one of the common problems reported by chasingame. I wonder if you are getting the same camera back from Bushnell or are they sending you a refurb. The later 2010 cameras seem to have the bugs worked out but you have to wade through a bunch of issues to get there. I hope it works out for you.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

supaflav: Sorry to hear about your bad luck. If you look on the back of the original package the camera came in you should see the month, year and model of the camera. The 2009 shows this on the lower right hand side. I believe the 2010 are more near the centre but still lower down. Here is an example I am using from one of mine: LIT. #98-143604-09 Model #119415CN. The (04) is April, (09) is 2009 and the last two letters of the Model # (CN) stands for Canada as this was where the camera was purchased. I purchased seven of the 2009 models in the spring of the this year, and so far have had very good luck with them. If you were happy with the 2010 model, when it worked, try and find one at a dealer that was manufactured a few months after yours was built. Some of the dealers may still have a few 2009 models in stock. One member mentioned ants getting into the camera. I found the rubber plug to fit poorly in the bottom. If you are not going to use that external port, put a dab of silicone on it, then re insert the plug. This will hold the plug in and down the road, one could still remove it if you decide to use the external port. All the best of luck.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

it's a 10' model and the #98-1383/02-09. model 119455c. I talked to a bushnell rep and the guy was super nice. They're supposed to be getting with a supervisor and giving me a call. I have only had this camera since August 17. I told them that I couldn't depend on the camera and our season opens up on Oct 15. I'll keep ya'll posted on how this turns out.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another indication is the LED setup. The 2009 model has to rectangles of 12 each for a total of 24 whereas the 2010 model as 16 and 16 for a total of 32. The number you have shown #98-1383/02-09: this camera was manufactured: (02) is February and (09) is 2009. If it has a total of 32 LED, it is either refurbished or upgraded.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

between me and my buddies we have 6 with no problems yet knock on wood
Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

not happy with my 2010 Bone Collector. the night time picture quality is not up to par compared to others i have seen on here. the ir flash seems dim compared to others and the images are grainy. if i had to do it all over i would have bought 2 Moultrie I40's for the price of this BTC. my I40's are 3 years old and never had a problem. it even takes better pic's than my BTC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.