Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
trail cam pic 2010 VA >

trail cam pic 2010 VA

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trail cam pic 2010 VA

Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default trail cam pic 2010 VA

This is a pic from my brother in law. What do you think it is?

Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of a muscular looking body. Maybe a mountain lion but I don't know if you have those in your part of the country.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

That’s what I thought it is. This picture seems to prove the naysayers incorrect in stating that VA does not have MT lion.

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Kind of a muscular looking body. Maybe a mountain lion but I don't know if you have those in your part of the country.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Spike

Strange pic. I'm inclined to call it a dog or coyote, but with only a torso, hard to really conclude with any degree of certainty as to what the heck it is. Were there any tracks that your brother in law could see?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I put the picture up on my screen (17" WS) background and feel sure it is a mountain lion. Every feature of it that was clearly visible certainly gave me full belief that is what I was looking at.

If they are not supposed to be there then somebody should tell him to leave.

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 09-29-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

My brother in law has additional pictures of deer, bears and coyotes from this same trail camera. The yotes are not even close in size of this cat. I'll have to ask him about the tracks.

Originally Posted by radlad31
Strange pic. I'm inclined to call it a dog or coyote, but with only a torso, hard to really conclude with any degree of certainty as to what the heck it is. Were there any tracks that your brother in law could see?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a dog to me, it appears that the tail is wagging and blurred. I don't believe a cat would move their tail like that. Also, the structure of the legs and rear hip don't look right. Do a google image search on mountain lion and flip back and forth between the lion pics and this pic. Just doesn't look quite right to me.

But on the topic of big cats in VA, I live in VA too and a friend of mine who is not a hunter came across what he swears was a dead mountain lion on a back country road. He checked later in the day and it was gone. The reason I suspect he may have seen a dead one was because he said it had a huge head. No other cat around here would have a huge head like that.