Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Checking trail cameras? >

Checking trail cameras?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Checking trail cameras?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Spike

Default Checking trail cameras?

I was wondering how often you check your trail cameras. I dont like to go into the woods unless i absolutley have to i dont want want my scent everywhere. but how often do you guys check your cameras
Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

This season I have been checking every week to ten days. I look at it like this. If the season were open, I wouldn't consider going to a stand one time every week to ten days too much. Just be careful with your scent as you would when you are hunting. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like you Dano I don't care to alert the deer. I had my cam out for one week and I had to replace the bright eyes so I pulled the SD card and replaced it with a fresh one, I'm itching to check it, but the season opens in 2 weeks, I will wait
Old 09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Spike

yea i am gonna just wait till couple days before season and check them and jut see what i have on my land
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every week to ten days. Scent disperses pretty quick, especially with wind, rain or dew.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

You def shouldn't check cams more than once a week but 2 weeks is pretty good span. The key is to approach it as if you were always hunting and try to be scent free and not go into the area horns blazing drums beating. You should be able to access cam site with minimal impact, if you are bumping deer during cam checking you are probably in a bedroom and you should be to begin with try to keep cams in perimeter spots where you can access without alerting deer. Used smartly you shoudl be able to check cams without creating to much unwanted pressure deer will be tolerant of a few encounters you just don't want a pattern to form.