Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie D55-IR Update >

Moultrie D55-IR Update

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie D55-IR Update

Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie D55-IR Update

I just received an answer to my email to Moultrie: My question was, is there a planned software update to enable the camera to be set for up to 30 second night video? Their reply and I quote, "I would not expect there to be an upgrade allowing 30 second night video in the future. Having the flash illuminated for that long would drain all the power out of the camera.
I did their software upgrade for changing the one minute delay. This allows for 15 and 30 second. Made a big difference.
This has been my second email inquiry to Moultrie, with a different question each time. Giving them a few days to respond, I have received excellent customer service.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the update for my D55 and it wouldn't work ;-( I dled the the file to the card, then unzipped the file on the same card, then delete the zipped file, I put it in the camera and it didn't do anything, I hit the ok button and it did switch to upgade now but couldn't get it to say yes, will try dling the file to computer and unzipping the file then copying to card, and see if it works
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: I downloaded the update to my computer. I then unzipped the download using WinZip. The unzipped file was then sent to an SD card. Once everything was on the SD card, I just followed Moultrie instructions. I found this update made a big difference. Best of luck.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just purchased two more of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR today and did the same upgrade. I used the same SD card that I had previously used. All went well.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple of questions about that camera. How is that camera? Does it make any noise when taking a picture? What is the battery life like? Does it have a glow when the IR illuminates?
Old 09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

LKNCHOPPERS: The camera is well built. Yes there is a glow when the IR illuminates, but not as bright as some. As far as battery life, I hope to check my first camera tomorrow. It has been out for a week. I bought two more yesterday and put them out today in a different area. Its about sixty mile drive one way from home to one area, and from home about 45 mile in a different direction to the second area. I did the delay upgrade which allows 15 and 30 second, instead of starting at one minute. I have the cameras set for 30 second video. You will only get this in the day time. Night time is 10 second. Contacting Moultrie, they do not fore see an upgrade to 30 second video for night, as they felt this will drain the batteries when the IR illuminate. What I like about this camera is when set to video, it will take a picture and also the video. The camera is fairly large, and takes 6 "C" batteries which fit in two vertical spots in the back section of the camera. Set up for the camera is very easy. Well sealed with a flat style gasket. As far as noise, hope to find that out tomorrow. I am using rechargeable batteries manufactured in Canada by Pure Energy. These are available at most WalMart. This will be a good test for them also. I have had good luck using them in my Spy Point IRB. Thanks for the inquiry.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

did the update on my D55 today and it worked swimmingly LOL all updated, wonder tho if the delays are also for when its in video mode too or just in Pic mode? I love this camera its been out in the woods for a month now and has taken well over 4000 pics and over 100 videos and the batteries are still at 50%, absolutly LOVE this camera ;-)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: check my reply to your post "D55 software update".