Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback owners... >

Cuddeback owners...

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback owners...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cuddeback owners...

I've got a cudde excite that's probably 4 years old and I'm having a problem with it now. It will only take a picture at point blank range. Anybody got any suggestion or ever had this problem? And I've read where cudde's customer service is terrrible and cost alot for repairs, so any info you might have would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

If you got 4 yrs out of a Cuddeback you are doing better than probably 50% of the people who own them. For $150 Cuddeback will give you a new cuddeback Capture or you could cut to the chase, junk the Cuddeback, and buy a camera from a manufacturer where you will get some decent service like maybe a cheaper fix for the camera you are familar with. Reconyx and Moultrie have been very good to me. Reconyx cameras are more expensive but they have so many options available on their cameras they are hard to beat. Moultrie cameras are less expensive, very easy to use thus making them probably the best bet for most trail camera users. Good luck in your choice.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you got four years out of that cam, count yourself forunate. I'm sure if you send it back for repairs they will want as much as what you get another camera for.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

I talked to them and they said that I could trade it in on the new capture for $100 & get a 1 yr warranty or have it repaired(refurbished) for $150 & a 6 month warranty. I think that the sensor cover is scratched and so I ordered a replacement for $10.