Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Anyone using primos cams >

Anyone using primos cams

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Anyone using primos cams

Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone using primos cams

Just bought the 46 model for 116 I figure if it works even fairly good thats a great price for an ir cam. I just love my bushnell trophy cam but may as well try others too Let me know what you think of your primos cams Thanks Matt
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

TRUST ME!!!!...the primos cams are probably the best cameras for the price on the market today!!

Batter life is amazing (over 4 months for me on my 35 LED cam), Picture quality is the best ive seen for a cam under $100, trigger speed is good, very easy to set up

The only "bad" thing is that it makes a little clunk sound when every pic gets taken, but so far i have not seen it shy away any deer.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy of mine has one and day pic quality is pretty nice but I'm not impressed with the IR pics.
Way too dark in my opinion regardless if it's a sub $100 cam.
If the deer are standing on top of it you can barely make out the head gear.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Decent, not great cam for the money.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Spike

I bought the TC 46 as well. It makes the infamous "clunk" noise when it takes pictures. Im pretty sure it scares away deer as well because I havent gotten many pictures this year from it and I put it in a proven spot. The clunk and its some what slow response time are its downfalls. Otherwise without the clunk id say its a very good camera for the money. Mines been out for 2.5 months and still at 60% battery, and probably taken 1500 pics im not sure exactly.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

I have the Primos 35 cam and have had good results with it so far. I have had it for about a month and the battery life is still at 70% and it has taken hundreds of pics. It does have a soft clunk when the picture is taken. The day time pics are good but the IR pics are not a crisp as I would like. It is very easy to set up and has all of the features you need on a camera. I also just bought a python cable for it today and it works great as the camera has a molded in channel for the cable to slide through. I have been very impressed with the trigger speed for a $100 camera. It will take 3 pics of me before I can get to the camera to shut it off. I have tried several cameras over the past several years (Moultrie, Stealth and Wildview) and this for the money has been the best overall buy. I am sure you would get better overall quality out of the more expensive cameras.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Spike

I have the Primos 35 what is the python cable?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

python cables are for security.
You put them around it to attempt to stop someone from stealing it.
I use lock boxes myself but others use lock boxes and cables through the lock boxes to the tree.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Spike

Great cam for the money, except for the clunk noise, Pic quality is better than Bushnell,(THEy Suck) and my old Moultries which now suck also. I like the durable case and super easy to use, I just sent mine back to Primos because of Battery drain problem in Video mode, they Have been great, sent me a shipping label to return ship,( Bushnell sucks they charge 10 bucks to ck the camera under warranty). we see how fast i get it back. for the money id buy another one.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using primos cams-prms0009.jpg   Anyone using primos cams-prms0012.jpg