Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Question about Trail Cameras >

Question about Trail Cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Question about Trail Cameras

Old 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Spike

Default Question about Trail Cameras

I am a novice as far as trail cameras go. My question is this: "When I put an SD card into a trail camera and check on it a week later, can I take my own digital camera into the woods and pop the SD card out of the trail camera and view the pictures on my digital camera?"

If that is possible, then I wouldn't buy the picture viewer that sells for around $70. Any help would be great!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Even better idea... just buy a second card and switch them out when you go check it and you can go home and email them to your friends.....

sometimes the format is different then come cameras can read, so may not work.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, buy a second card.
I buy mine on E-bay, I got my new in package Sandisk 2GB cards ( 8 of them ) for $2.95 each.
I have four cameras, just swap the cards and view them at home on the computer.
Only need to have a viewer is if you can't wait to get home to see the pictures.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Spike

yea 2 cards is easy but you can use your camera or a laptop thats what i use
Old 08-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Spike

Thanks guys, I thought about that and I do plan on switching out cards. However, we hunt 4 hours away from home and we don't have a computer up north to put the SD card into. I was hoping I could check out the pictures when I was still up north so I would have a better idea of which stand to hunt.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use my camera to check the cards in the field, that way I can move my trailcam if I am not getting the pictures I want. Or if I hae to adjust it for any reason, I can do that without having to go home and check the card, and then having to run back out to my hunting spot again. But, I do have 2 cards for every camera I have.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have two cards but i take my digital camera into the woods, mainly because i cant wait to see whats on the card lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes they will work with your digital camera and sometimes not. You'll just have to check it and see. I don't like doing that or the card readers because the viewing screens are just to small for me. Another alternative is one of those digital picture frames. They sell them just about everywhere and there is a good choice in screen sizes and many of them can be operated on battery power. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default trail cam

I check mine sometimes with a Kodak Digital Camera.....no problems. I can see the pic well enough on the digital camera to know if I want to keep it or not. That said I have 2 cards and usually swap them out.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

I like to bring my cards at home and check them with the wii game system then my pics are on 40 inches of hi def tv w/ the bushnell even on the lower megapixel setting day pics are incredible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.