Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
need some help here guys >

need some help here guys

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

need some help here guys

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Spike

Default need some help here guys

okay so me and my dad both decided to put out the money this year and we each bought a new camera. mine has been out for about 2 1/2 weeks, his, one week exactly. my camera has 109 pictures on and his has 49 so thats 158 pictures and ive noticed one thing...there's not one picture of a buck. both cameras are on bait. my pile has corn and a salt lick, dads has deer co-cain (black magic) and corn. the piles are getting torn up and there are deer at each stand every day but like i said...no bucks. got any ideas on what else is out there that may get the bucks in there?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

oh and by the way...before each visit to our stands we go crazy on scent control. scentless soap, rubber boots that are kept on the front porch, scent killer spray and yes we even wear clothes that we washed in the scentless detergent. just cant figure out whats goin on
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take it from a trailcam veteran. This has been one of the slowest years for bucks I have ever had. Plenty of pics, just very few bucks. This seems to be true with alot of the guys posting here right now. I can't say there is any majic pill to draw the bucks in though. I will say keep doing what you're doing and hopefully the bucks will begin to show up. You said you had piles of corn out. Just a suggestion, don't put the corn in piles. It causes the corn to mold and the deer eventually won't eat it. I have also noticed that my deer are now ignoring my mineral site but they are hitting the feeds. Stay after it and your luck will change.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Last edited by PastorJim08; 08-10-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

its all if the passing bachelor group is coming by. It seems that i can have 500 pics two days in a row of bucks, then not a buck for a week. you will get some soon.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Spike

i appreciate it fellas. and with the corn...its not actual piles. thats just what im used to callin em. its spread all over the place. 100lb bag probably covers an area of about 10' x 10' or 15' x 15'. i learned my "mold lesson" many years ago. lol. but yeah, ill keep at it and ill keep ya guys posted
Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think some bucks are starting to shed velvet already.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Fork Horn

I noticed the shed velvet thing just last week. I saw a monster 8 point and it looked like he had white horn on one side. May have just been my imagination but looked like the velvet was already coming off.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

A week can make a huge differance in what you see on a trailcam. I had a set that was out for 8 weeks before I went back. Only one buck out of 1500 pictures. Put the cam back out and then went back in one week just because and had pictures of 4 different really nice bucks that I hadn't seen all season.

I do agree that we are not seeing as many as we should. I have a buck/doe ration of 5:1 according to my cams. Not going to be shooting any bucks this season

I also have seen alot of late fawns this year...born mid July.