Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Buck jam?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck jam?

Anyone use this stuff? I put out my camera today I put out a 1 gallon bottle of buck jam and smashed 7 apple's over it to bring the deer in quicker. i was just wandering if anyone uses this stuff.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Spike

We use the heck out of it with good results. It has a really strong aroma and it brings them in to see thats for sure.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

It has worked well for me. This morning when i went to check my trail camera i spotted a doe standing over an old buck jam site from a month or longer ago. I went and checked it out and the doe had had made a dent in the ground where she was licking it. I have deer cane in front of my camera now and it works well too. I have found out that buck jam, deer cane etc. are all about the same and they all have the same ingredients as a mineral block. The thing that makes buck jam slightly different than the rest is that it smells.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used it in the mineral site that I have been doing the last 3 years. The deer seem to like it.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys I plan on checking my cam in 2 week's or so.. hopefully they'll be some bruiser's on it