Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Wildgame Innovation S2 - How to????? >

Wildgame Innovation S2 - How to?????

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildgame Innovation S2 - How to?????

Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wildgame Innovation S2 - How to?????

Read the book cover to cover, twice. Doesn't say how to arm the camera. Anyone know how? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

BarnesX.308: First, I do not own one of these cameras but I did a search for that make and model. I came up with this link: www.nativeoutdoors.com/scoutingcameras.html
Scroll down to your camera and down load the manual. You may have the same one, I am not sure. This one looks to be pretty straight forward. I would double check to make sure you have your batteries properly installed. After that, just take time and follow through on the instructions. If you like, this manual can be saved on your computer by going to the top and selecting favorites. This will store it there for future reference. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. That site has the manual. I read it for a third time last night and nothing. I just turned the camera on last night, put it out and nothing. I also noticed the battery gauge is at one bar this morning. Took the brand new batteries out of the pack yesterday. I don't get it.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

BarnesX.308: I just reviewed the manual for your camera again. You have probably gone over this lots: in the Initial Camera Set Up Section 6: re-check the battery charge icon level with new batteries. If possible use a multimeter to check the batteries before installing. This instrument is far more acurate as it gives a digital reading. Once a battery is around the 1.0 to 1.2 volt reading, it does not have sufficient power to operate the camera properly. All you need is one faulty battery.
Try checking your camera for proper operation before, either leaving the setup site or if the camera is at home, this would be better as you could do several checks during the day or evening. If your camera is either on or off warranty, contact the manufacture to see if the problem could be solved either by phone or email. If one has to return a camera under warranty, most manufactures request you obtain a return authorization number from them before sending the camera in.
Your camera batteries should not have died in that short period of time unless something is hanging up when the camera tries to take a picture. In my case I have the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy camera. It has a three position slide switch: on, setup and off. If I forget to slide the switch from setup to on, it will kill the batteries in a very short time. Viewing your manual, that camera doesn't have that switch setup. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I had a bum battery. I put a new pack in this morning and tried it, to no avail. But, I didn't have much time to mess with it because I had to get to work.

I'll try again when I get home. Hopefully it's the batteries.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK. I get home from work and the brand new batteries in this camera are dead. And it wasn't even on. So, it won't take pictures and it eats up two packs of batteries in less than 24 hours.

So I take it back to the store. The guy says I'm the 3rd or 4th guy to return a Wildgame Innovation camera that day.

I exchanged it for a Wildview InfraredXtreme by Stealth Cam. It was $40 more but they gave it to me as an even exchange. And it came with batteries and an SD card.

Happy ending. It's out now and I already watched it take 3 pictures.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

BarnesX.308: I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. Glad to hear the store helped you. All the best with the new camera.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ended up getting 23 pictures last night in my front yard!!! All but one were bucks. Decent pictures, too.

Here's one of them. Looks like a 1.5yo, but with good genetic potential.
Attached Thumbnails Wildgame Innovation S2 - How to?????-sunp0023.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing. Does this camera take a three shot burst: that is three pictures every time the camera triggers? I have some of the older version WildView Ez Cam and that is how they work.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it can. But I always go with one. Especially when it's set up in places deer congregate. I don't want to have 3 pictures of everything Especially in the day time when there's already 100 pictures of squirrels and blue jays