Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Coyote July 2010

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyote July 2010

Young coyote. Video taken near Moosomin, Saskatchewan, Canada with a Spy Point IRB trail camera. I checked my cameras (5 each) in this area last night after a week. I got the coyote and three does.
Very little wild life movement. Returning home I saw two more does, one of which I nearly hit broad side with my motorcycle.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Spike

what do you do with the coyote after u hunt it?? everyone ive asked saaid they dont eat dog...
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swoop G 111: In Canada, the coyote can be shot anytime of the year if it is considered a pest ex: to farm livestock, poultry etc. The last few years there has been very little trapping because: protests by the antis which resulted in fur manufactures going to artificial furs. Due to this fur prices dropped. In other words it is too costly to trap, skin and ship your furs for the price you receive compared to expenses. This past year from, I believe sometime in November 2009 until the end of March 2010, the province of Saskatchewan, Canada paid a bounty of $20.00 Canadian for every four coyote paws turned in. To my understanding, one had to fill out forms before hand in able to qualify to do this type of hunting. What these hunters did with the coyote pelt, I am not sure. I would think it should have been salvaged and sold like a normal trapping operation would do, not dumped in the garbage. As for using the meat, that is something else. Over the years I have eaten deer, elk, moose and bear along with several species of prairie chicken, partridge, grouse etc. Properly prepared, the coyote would likely be edible as well.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
Swoop G 111: As for using the meat, that is something else. Over the years I have eaten deer, elk, moose and bear along with several species of prairie chicken, partridge, grouse etc. Properly prepared, the coyote would likely be edible as well.
So would rhinocerous butt except that probably don't smell as bad as those mangy dogs. Working in a taxidermy shop there are 2 things I hate skinning and they are Coyote and mink and I can't imagine either would taste like something I'd look forward to eating, they both smell very musty making rabbit guts smell good in comparison.