Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
what kind of D batteries do you use >

what kind of D batteries do you use

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

what kind of D batteries do you use

Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default what kind of D batteries do you use

I am trying to figure out what kind of batteries everybody uses, how long they last, any favorites? thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

well my truck has a deep cycle optima, but my flash light takes D's..my mini mag AAA..i really dont have an option, they take whatever ya buy em with.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

UMMMM I was meaning for game cameras LOL, guess I should have been more specific LOL what lasts the longest and stuff
Old 06-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just got a 6V cam that was solar power ready, rechargeable batt,solar panel and it hasnt died yet.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

the solar panel I have has internal battery but when it runs out (over night) the camera is supposed to switch to the batteries in camera, so I was just wondering the best batteries for these cameras
Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Energizer Rechargable batteries in my 2 Moultrie I-60 trail camera's...they work fairly good and I actually have 3 sets (18 total batteries) I keep 1 set of 6 batteries in each camera and I have 1 extra set that I charge up and carry with me when I think one of the camera's are getting low.They last a good while if I don't set the camera on video.The best batteries I have used were the Duracell copper-top batteries,I put a set of 6 in my Moultrie in our clodest months of Jan and it lasted for 4 months til the end of April with around 35% still left on it but I changed it out so it didn't go dead on me in the middle of the month.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: This spring I switched to Pure Energy Rechargeable batteries. These batteries come fully charged, ready to use. They are rated at 1.55 volt as compared to the other rechargeables of 1.2 and 1.25 volt. Recharging the Pure Energy will give readings of 1.56 to a little over 1.6 volt. I am using the AA in 2009 Bushnell Trophy Cameras (a total of seven cameras of this make). These cameras are well known for very little battery drain.
I am using "C" Pure Energy Batteries in the Wild View Ez Cam and also in the Spy Point IRB. There is a charger available by Pure Energy that is capable of recharging AAA, AA, C, D and it also as a port for 9 volt batteries. I have not noticed 9 volt rechargable batteries, but the feature is there. The charger will recharge Alkaline and also Nickel Metal Hydride. The batteries and charger are available at most Wal Mart stores. The charger will recharge up to four batteries at a time. I leave mine on charge over night etc. *I do not know how these batteries will stand up to the cold as I haven't had the opportunity to test them yet. If they do not like the cold I plan to use AA Lithium Ultimate in my Bushnell cameras for winter, cold weather use. Whenever I check my cameras, I spot check the batteries using a digital multimeter, and the same when taking the batteries off charge. Bushnell and Spy Point are both set for video with a 30 second video and 10 second delay. The Wild View is the early version that takes pictures only set for a three shot burst (three pictures) each time it triggers.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fasterem
I am trying to figure out what kind of batteries everybody uses, how long they last, any favorites? thanks
fasterem You got any Giant super markets in your part of PA.? Pike
Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
fasterem You got any Giant super markets in your part of PA.? Pike
not that I would call Giant super markets LOL I have been looking on this website tho batterywarehousedirect.com take a look and tell me what you think.

I am kinda surprised that you guys are useing rechargeables is there a reason?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

fastererm If you do have a Giant near you, buy their Easy Living Brand, they are always on sale (atleast for the last 3 years anyway) buy one 4 pack of D or C batteries for $6.25 and get another one for free. Over the years I have tried every name brand battery Duracell, Energizer, Rayovak etc. and every generic brand I could find and the Giant brand of batteries last as long as any brand I have tried and they are also the cheapest. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 06-30-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.