Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Camera Info. >

Bushnell Camera Info.

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Camera Info.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bushnell Camera Info.

Since this past January 2010 I have purchased several 2009 Bushnell Trophy Cameras. I have been doing several tests. Bushnell recommends using the SanDisk 2 GB SD card in this camera. I have tested Verbatim 2 GB, and also Kodak 2GB. These also work good.
Batteries tested: Energizer Max. I have purchased Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X, and also Energizer lithium 7X. These I plan to use in colder weather. I recently acquired Perfectly Natural Premium Alkaline Rechargeable. The package rates these at 1.5 volt. They come fully precharged and supposed to hold a charge for 7yrs. if not used. I did an in house test with these. They hold there charge well giving lots of 30 second video with a 10 second delay. I did a recharge to bump them up from 1.42 volt. At full charge my meter gave a reading of 1.65 volt. These batteries do not retain a recharge memory. They will fully recharge. Any other rechargeable batteries I found are rated at 1.2 to 1.25 volt with a full charge of 1.37 to 1.39 volt. On the package and I quote "Multi purpose use (not recommended for digital cameras). I am using these in several of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy cameras with no problem. These were purchsed with or without the compatible charger in Canada at Princess Auto. This extra storage capacity will make a big difference.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

so where's the camera info? all i read was battery info.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why didn't you wait a couple months for the 2010 models?
They have a lot of improvements over the 2009 models and are about the same price.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
They have a lot of improvements over the 2009 models and are about the same price.
pnut, there may be an issue with the 2010 model. I got one from trailcampro and set it up and it would go on picture taking runs, mostly at night, and take 2-3 pics of nothing for hours on end. I looked on chasingame's site and they had the same issue and suspended their review. Of course Trailcampro made it right with me and I had a new camera in just a few days. I have tried it in my yard and it doesn't seem to be doing the picture taking runs with this camera. I am going to leave it up at the house for a few days before I take it to the woods just to be sure. Chasingame has since gotten a different camera for their review and I don't think it had the same issues as their first did, so maybe it was just the first batch of cams that were shipped.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hope mine don't have issues. i just bought the Bone Collector Bushnell Trophy Cam (because Bass Pro were out of the regular ones) the other day. i hope it doesn't give me any problems.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it's something that a firmware update would fix.
Have any updates been released for the new cams yet?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
I originally bought one of the 2009 models in 2010. I felt any problems with that year would have been worked out. i had read various reviews from this forum as well as others before making my purchase. I was very satisfied with the performance as far as day time video and battery life. This is the reason I ended up purchasing a total of six more. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate these responses.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
so where's the camera info? all i read was battery info.
Sorry if the information wasn't what you had expected. Batteries and SD cards are a large part of camera performance. Thanks for the response. I appreciate this.