Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Uh Oh...Cuddeback problem >

Uh Oh...Cuddeback problem

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Uh Oh...Cuddeback problem

Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Angry Uh Oh...Cuddeback problem

Theres a first for everything i guess. I used a bootleg "Digital Media" memory card in my Cuddeback the last time i put it out, and it took 18 pictures.

When i went to check them today, there was a currupt ".if" file in the folder, and thats it. Kinda bummed.

Anybody have any solutions to get the pic off the card? Or are they lost forever?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Caleb, do you think the pictures are there and you just can't open it? I had the same problem with the first Moultrie I had and it was the card. My wife works in the media center of the local college and she was able to take it in and get the pics off. If you feel comfortable with doing it, you could send me the card and I will see what she can do with it. Let me know.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Caleb, do you think the pictures are there and you just can't open it? I had the same problem with the first Moultrie I had and it was the card. My wife works in the media center of the local college and she was able to take it in and get the pics off. If you feel comfortable with doing it, you could send me the card and I will see what she can do with it. Let me know.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
I might have to do that Jim, ill play around with it a little first
Old 04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that sucks Caleb! Sorry I dont have an answer for you. Keep us posted, hope you get it figured out.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

find a local phone store...i use nextel repair shop close to my house...i am perty sure that the young kids in there can take it and put it how ya want it . i wouldnt go to walmart though. maybe best buy....fryes...somethin like that.....
Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Google "recovery software". There are all kinds of free programs that will scan the card and find all the pictures on it. I found out that deleteing the pictures doesn't really erase them from the card, it only puts a different extension on the end of the jpg. It makes it look like it is gone from the card. The only way to totally get rid of them is when they are written over by new ones, or if you reformat the card.

I bet it wasn't taking any pictures after the error, but you can always give some recovery program a try and see if there are some from before the error. I use Pandora Recovery. I have heard stories from some people using these programs after buying used memory cards and finding some real interesting pictures.... if ya know what i mean.

Last edited by Iowabucks44; 04-21-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys!