Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Cameras

Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Spike

Default Trail Cameras

Looking to buy a trail camera in the price range of $100.00,and was woundering if anyone could tell me witch one would be the best one to buy in that price range? Thanks for your input.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well several here can tell you what they believe is the best. I doubt few have used every brand, and model available in that price range. I've used older Moultrie's which I didn't care for. But not sure of newer ones out now. Also used Stealth, and Wildview. Stealth is decent. Wildviews only seem to work flawless for me 1st couple yrs, then I begin having issues with them. I only use them from June to Dec. My brother bought me a Tasco for christmas, which I learned is basically a Bushnell. I put it out 1/11, and its still going on 4 d batteries. This is in days of below 0 temps. Any camera I've owned to date only last about 30-40 days on batteries in warmer temps. So that I'm impressed with. The pics on this Tasco are also good. I obviously can't tell you its longevity. But I am considering picking up another at Wally World for $79.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

In that price-range, the only camera I have any experience with is the Stealthcam I-590. You can usually pick those up for around $100.00. It is a white-flash camera and I think for this price-range the pictures are excellent. The only knock is the trigger time which can be up to 3-4 seconds. But unless you are monitoring a trail, you can overcome slow trigger speeds with a few little tricks. The Moultrie D-40 is also in this range and seems to be a pretty solid unit but I've always thought the pics from them are a little grainy. Below are some examples of pictures from the I-590.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Also do your homework on the brands available at that price range to see what fits your application. This is a good site for reviews http://www.chasingame.com
Old 02-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

I would buy wildgame inovations timber view 2.0 . You can get two of these for $100. they take really good pics and are simple to operate.Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Trail Cameras-dsc_0009.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have four of them I love them.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

big ol deer there, the other will prolly get that big

Originally Posted by PastorJim08 View Post
In that price-range, the only camera I have any experience with is the Stealthcam I-590. You can usually pick those up for around $100.00. It is a white-flash camera and I think for this price-range the pictures are excellent. The only knock is the trigger time which can be up to 3-4 seconds. But unless you are monitoring a trail, you can overcome slow trigger speeds with a few little tricks. The Moultrie D-40 is also in this range and seems to be a pretty solid unit but I've always thought the pics from them are a little grainy. Below are some examples of pictures from the I-590.

Blessings.....Pastorjim