Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie video feature >

Moultrie video feature

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie video feature

Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie video feature

Anyone ever use the video feature on their cams? I have never done it but am putting out 4 cams today and thought I would put one of them on video function....wondering how well it works,etc.?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used it a couple of times on my I-40s. It seemed to work pretty well but if I were you, I would use the largest capacity sd card the camera will take because it will fill up a one or two gig card with just a few triggers.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Good to know Pastor. I have a 2gb card...thats the largest I have for my trail cameras...thanks for the info.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

always have mine on video.2BG card never fills up.delete unwanted videos/pics each time.the I-40's take great high res video
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the video mode on my I-60 camera and it takes some really nice video/pictures and it has caught some interesting pictures of what the Deer are really doing.My I-60 has high-res and low-res settings,the high-res will give you better pic quality but use up more space.....and it will use up more battery life when it is on "Video" wether on high or low Res.I have caught video's of Deer running and jumping past the camera,a video of a Doe kicking a young Spike Buck in the head,racoons playing and fighting with each other and a few pic's of some stray dogs running by also.If You decide to have the video's put on a CD/DVD some places can burn them and others can not,if you do it yourself on your computer you have to get the corrects CD's that will accept video.

On my Moultrie I-60 it will take a 5-15 or 30 second video then it also takes 1 still pictures after the video for the day-time-moon phases and temp references!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Spike

I think the Moultries take some of the best video. I wish they would do 10 seconds at night though instead of only 5 seconds. One feature I like is that it saves a picture with each video. If they had a wider detection zone and a shorter delay between pics it would be a tough camera to beat! Here is a couple of examples from a camera I leave up all winter. I use regular Alkalines and a 2 gig card. The batteries will last from mid Nov. untill April or May. I haven't filled a 2 gig card yet.

http://www.eyesinthewoods.com/videos...reestand-cam-1

http://www.eyesinthewoods.com/videos...reestand-cam-2
Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

dbronson: that is some really cool footage. two questions: what moultrie camera model is it? and what is that you have spread on the ground?..looks like a mineral more than a food, but they sure seem attracted to it.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Spike

The camera is an I40 and its just salt on the ground. The salt works ok some of the year but they definately don't hit it every day.