Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
CuddeBack trail cam prob.... >

CuddeBack trail cam prob....

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

CuddeBack trail cam prob....

Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default CuddeBack trail cam prob....

Been using Moultrie i40 digital camera for about 2 years now and have been pretty happy with the results. They're 1.3 megapixles at night and 4 megapixles during the day.
I recently bought a CuddeBack 1.3MP/5MP digital camera to try since I've hear only good things about them.
The picture quality is pretty lousy compared to the Moultrie. Night pics are about the same, but the daytime pics have VERY washed out color and fuzzy edges.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont have that problem with mine. Sorry cant help you out.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If You bought the Cuddeback Capture IR I had nothing but trouble from mine so I took it back and got the Moultrie I-60 and liked it so much I bought another one!

The Capture IR took Fish-eye pictures during the day and lousy night picture that carried out about 5-10 feet at best....I also had trouble with the battery connection cutting off and crappy battery life!I've heard good reviews about the regular "Flash" Capture though!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Cuddeback Capture IR are notorious for producing very washed out IR pics.
If you bought it new and it's still under warranty I'd trade it in for the Flash Capture or money back to spend on a different IR cam.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
The Cuddeback Capture IR are notorious for producing very washed out IR pics.
If you bought it new and it's still under warranty I'd trade it in for the Flash Capture or money back to spend on a different IR cam.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

If its the capture IR, it does have some IR problems. I havnt heard anything bad about the day time photos though. Sorry about your luck.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it's the IR version of the Capture, I'd take it back. I don't think you'll be happy with it in the long run, If it's the white-flash Capture, I'd say there's something wrong with it. The pics from my Capture are very crisp and clear. Here's the thing with Cuddeback; if the camera is returned in the first 90 days, they will replace it. If it's after that, they will try to refurbish it and send you back the same camera. So if you just purchased it and they won't take it back where you bought it, you better hurry. Wish I could be more help.

Blessings.....Pastorjim