Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie I40 software updates >

Moultrie I40 software updates

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie I40 software updates

Old 01-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Spike

Default Moultrie I40 software updates

I just got me a new I40 game cam and was on the web reading about the software updates to fix the common whiteout problems. After setting up the cam for several night I noticed I too have this white out problem on about half my night pics.
I went to the Moutrie website, had a heck of time finding software updates, but there wasn't any links for the I40. There was a link for the I60, but it said there wasn't anything in the link. I found a post here in this forum that said the updates are available, but when I followed the link, same thing.
Where can I find this software update? Other than the occasional whiteout at night, the camera take amazing pictures and movies and appears to be a great stealth cam.

Thanks,
Opihi
Old 01-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

it was on there in the past but now i cant find it either. I would say call moultrie as long as you have time to wait on hold till they answer your call. Those are good cameras.....the only complaint i have is slow trigger speed and it takes a lot of IR pics when i feel they should be in color.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it's a new camera it should have the latest software.
Those white out firmware updates are well over a yr old.
Moultrie has since pulled them from the website because they are either on all cams shipped past a certain date or the cam has been discontinued that the firmware was for.
I got this all from Moultrie when I had a whiteout problem with my M60.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Spike

It is a "new" camera, but bought from a wholesale distributor so it may have been a discontued lot that he is just getting rid of. Is there any way of telling when the cam was manufactured or what version of software it has? I do remember setting it up it did have something about software 1 and software 2 with a bunch of letters and numbers. Next time I go out and change the SD card I'll write down those numbers to see if it means anything.

Opihi
Old 01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moultrie's have 2 types of firmware on them and you're right that you can view the versions on the camera itself. Write them down and you can check with Moultrie if they are the latest.
I thought the "whiteout" problem was mainly with their flash "M" model cams which they have discontinued because they never could fix them right. I hated my M60 and sent it in. Two weeks later they sent me a new I40 and the IR picks were horrible so I sold it and bought a Scoutguard. Doubt I ever buy another Moultrie.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

OpiHi....I was on the Moultrie Site and couldn't find out how to up-date my I-60 Infrared Camera.How in the heck do You do it for the I-60....I also e-mailed Moultrie and never got an answer back from them?

Do You download the info on an SD Card then transfere it to the Camera itself?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
OpiHi....I was on the Moultrie Site and couldn't find out how to up-date my I-60 Infrared Camera.How in the heck do You do it for the I-60....I also e-mailed Moultrie and never got an answer back from them?

Do You download the info on an SD Card then transfere it to the Camera itself?
Insert SD card into computer and format it.
Copy firmware files to SD card.
Insert into camera.
Go into menu for firmware one and select update firmware, it will look on the card for the file and do an update.
You will need to do this for both type1 and type2 but I think that only the Type1 was ever updated if memory serves me corrrect.
I updated mine when I had it and it only took a few min.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Spike

Very clear instructions, now we just need a link to the update, I couldn't find it anywhere on their website. I found a couple old posts that had the link, but when I followed it nothing. Also sent an email to moultrie and its been 4 days without a reply.

Opihi
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

Okay Iwent and pulled my cam and looked at the software info. This is what I found I found.
Model#: MFH-I-40
Level1 SW: L1_11037
Level2 SW: L2_40704

Anyone can decipher if I have the updated software? Still no reply from moultrie.

Opihi
Old 01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by opihiman911
Okay Iwent and pulled my cam and looked at the software info. This is what I found I found.
Model#: MFH-I-40
Level1 SW: L1_11037
Level2 SW: L2_40704

Anyone can decipher if I have the updated software? Still no reply from moultrie.

Opihi
I'm pretty sure that you have to most recent firmware installed but I'd wait to hear from Moultrie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.