Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultire Not Working in Cold Weather >

Moultire Not Working in Cold Weather

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultire Not Working in Cold Weather

Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My D-40 Moultrie doesn't work well in 20 degree or lower weather either....now my I-60 has been working like a Champ in double and single digit temp just fine.I have noticed on the IR camera that the Deer notice the light "Click" noise when it works at night for the IR pictures but after a while they seem to be use to it.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might have to upgrade one day. But these Moultries have given me a couple years of real enjoyment. They already paid for themselves and don't owe me a cent. They're just not good January cameras
Old 01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

BarnesX...if You shop around the Moultrie I-60 and the other IR Camera's will continue to go down in price as the newer Moultrie Camera's start to take off in sales.I bought my last I-60 for $200.00 and I had a $20.00-Off coupon so I got it for $180.00 + tax.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Spike

I have 5 moultrie's all of which would not work long in cold weather, yet when brought back inside and let warm up the batteries would usually say they were 85%-95% charged. I solved that problem by buying a bunch of these 6v 12aH batteries, they are rechargeable and go for a LONG time even in cold weather. At under $20 a battery they will save money too. I just set the battery on the ground at the base of the tree and run some 16 guage speaker wire up to the camera. All my moultries are older that take the spring top lantern style battery, but for those who use the newer style with the 6 batteries, you can buy the same thing except in 12v instead of 6v, just make sure the camera would accept 12v instead of 9v. It would be worth looking in to anyway.

Last edited by Lifeguard; 01-19-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Spike

My I-40 will lock up in the cold weather(20's 30's). I've had it out over food but no pics. Locks up on the date/time screen and wont allow me to switch the mode to take pics. It's going back to Moultrie.