Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Another Capture review >

Another Capture review

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Another Capture review

Old 01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Another Capture review

Well, hope you dont mind, but I went out and bought myself a Cristmas present today, so, not to take anything away from the other 2 Cuddeback Capture reviews, but I have some thoughts of my own.

My first thought is, that I hate the plastic package it comes in, it is next to impossible to get it out without destroying the package.

My first concern was the rubber seal that the other 2 had problems with, I opened it up to find mine had the same problem. Here is a pic of the seal when I opened it up.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

My fix to the seal problem was a quick and easy fix, as long as it holds. I took some super glue, and put a drop in each of the corners, and let it dry. It seams to be working for now, but we will see if it lasts.

Next is the batteries, I can definately see how hard it is to take them out to change them, you will definately need a screw driver or something to pry them out with. But as far as the contacts, no problems yet, but we will see in time, they sure fit tight.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, that is all for now. I am planning on puting it out sometime tomorrow over some corn. It will be a great test for the batteries, it is -11 right now, and its not suppose to get much warmer for a while. On a side note, has anyone done the free download thing at Cuddeback.com?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

K this will be good for everyone. Three reviews

Umm no I haven't downloaded the stuff yet, I have looked at it though. I'm almost scared to. I'm not having any problems (that I know of) right now, so I'm scared it might mess it up.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just downloaded the trophyroom management software. Looks like it will be kind of nice.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

I've been using the trophy room the last two years, it's very nice.