Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Is there a point-n-shhot camera that uses same file format as bushnell trophy cam? >

Is there a point-n-shhot camera that uses same file format as bushnell trophy cam?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Is there a point-n-shhot camera that uses same file format as bushnell trophy cam?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Is there a point-n-shhot camera that uses same file format as bushnell trophy cam?

I just got one and I want to buy a point-n-shoot that i can download the pics to, or at least look at them while I'm in there. Then I can make a decision of wether to change the sd card or leave it longer.

I am in the market for a new digital camera, and would rather spend the money on that rather than buying a card reader.

If I do go the card reader route, is there a way to download the pix from the card reader to my computer? Or do I have to pull the camera to download them?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whether there is a camera that would be compatible with the card you are using in your trailcam would probably be a guess. Maybe you could try it out on some borrowed cameras to see if it will work. As far as the card readers downloading to your computer, I think most of them do. At the very least, they all have a cord to attach to your television. www.chasingame.com did a whole section on various card readers and their capabilities. Log onto their website and see if there is one that fulfills your needs. Another option might be one of those digital picture frames they sell at Walmart and many other places. Just make sure you get one that will operate on battery power. I have used my wife's to do that before. One advantage with those are they come in so many different screen sizes. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Last edited by PastorJim08; 01-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

thanks pastor jim, never thought of that! my wife has one of those. She doesn't know it yet, but it might disappear for a bit!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

so you need to have a point and shoot camera in order to take the card out of the trophy cam and view on a digital camera?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 125py
so you need to have a point and shoot camera in order to take the card out of the trophy cam and view on a digital camera?
No, not necessarily. I want to buy one anyway, and it would be nice if I could use the camera to download and review the pictures, so i can leave the camera in there non stop.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can view my pics taken on my Scoutguard on my kodak easyshare.
The cards from my cudde captures say invalid file format when I put it in my easyshare though.

The spec of the jpg is a little different in why one works and the other don't.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

so should i be able to switch the memory cards in field and take them home and put them in a digital camera to view the pics???

I dont want to buy a trail cam that i have to take down out of the woods everytime to see what it took pics of
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

so should i be able to switch the memory cards in field and take them home and put them in a digital camera to view the pics???

I dont want to buy a trail cam that i have to take down out of the woods everytime to see what it took pics of
SD cards are less than $10 for a 2gb card.
Just have spares that you swap in the field.
If you want to know whats on the card before you get home then pop it in to your digital pic, hit the review button and look at everything on the card.
You aren't downloading anything, just viewing the pics on the card.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
SD cards are less than $10 for a 2gb card.
Just have spares that you swap in the field.
If you want to know whats on the card before you get home then pop it in to your digital pic, hit the review button and look at everything on the card.
You aren't downloading anything, just viewing the pics on the card.
did you mean digital camera or digital pic frame?

i have 6 sd cards for my 3 moultrie cameras now so i already swap out in the field and take them home and put them in my digital camera to see pics....can i do this with the bushnell trophy cam?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

did you mean digital camera or digital pic frame?

i have 6 sd cards for my 3 moultrie cameras now so i already swap out in the field and take them home and put them in my digital camera to see pics....can i do this with the bushnell trophy cam?
Yeah I meant cam. But you can put them in a digi pic frame too.
Anything that will read the jpgs will show them unless it doesn't like the jpg file format.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.