Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
trigger speed/time moultrie vs cuddeback >

trigger speed/time moultrie vs cuddeback

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trigger speed/time moultrie vs cuddeback

Old 12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default trigger speed/time moultrie vs cuddeback

trigger speed/time moultrie I40 IR vs cuddeback IR

Which has a faster trigger time? I seem to get a lot of "no deer" pics with my I40's and am getting tired of it...thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

My moultrie is slow...have to have at an angle or hope the deer stays in front of it for a bit or you will miss it. It does take clear pics though...I think Cuddy has the best trigger speed from what I read and hear.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I will not be getting the Moultrie D-40's or the I-40's. I have done extensive research on these cameras vs. the cuddeback capture. Everything I have found is that the Moultrie's have severely slow trigger speed, such so that it is needed to put some kind of bait or scent in front of the camera to get them to stop for it.

I wouldn't buy another if I were you.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had the I40 and M60 and I couldn't put them on trails because I had the same problem. Parts of the deer or no pics. I bought a Scoutguard and 2 Cudde Captures and got rid of the Moultries and have never looked back.
Check out the trigger speed tests over at chasingame.com
Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah the moultrie is best at bait or a scrape. If you put it on a trail, the cam needs to be looking straight down the trail so it has enough time to snap the pic before the animal is thru.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Spike

put them where they should be.had camera's 4 15 years.original camtrakker.miss the 35 mm's.best photos,but don't expect repeat 4 plus year old's
Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by b.hunter
put them where they should be.had camera's 4 15 years.original camtrakker.miss the 35 mm's.best photos,but don't expect repeat 4 plus year old's
35mm's can be had on craigslist for basically nothing. I will stick with my digi's.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Spike

I own two Moultrie's (I-40) and they are very slow, however the battery life is exceptional. I would suggest using them over bait if legal in your area. The trigger time is approx. 3.5 sec., the Cudde will be well under a second. The drawback with the Cudde is the recharge time for the next pic....30 seconds. I have heard that the Bushnell Trophy Cam is getting good reviews. It claims to have 6mo. battery life and just under a second trigger time, it is also very compact. I have not tried it personally but the stats look good. It runs $199.