Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Interesting Question >

Interesting Question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Interesting Question

Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Interesting Question

Why is it that some companies will sell their trail camera's for sooooo much more then another company (Reconyx compared to Moultrie i-40) when they both do the same thing, batteries last just as long, and trigger speed is about the same?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by penninside08
Why is it that some companies will sell their trail camera's for sooooo much more then another company (Reconyx compared to Moultrie i-40) when they both do the same thing, batteries last just as long, and trigger speed is about the same?
WOW.... I can tell you OBVIOUSLY have NO experience with either of these cams... especially the Reconyx!!!

I've got a question for you.... why do companies sell cars for sooooo much more then another company (Ferrari compared to Ford Focus) when they do the same thing ??? I mean, they both get ya down the road, from point A to point B ??? LOL!

Reliabilty, performance, and quality..... they cost extra. You really do get what you pay for in the trail cam industry. I've bought dozens of different cams and compared them myself, there IS a difference that's worth paying!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own both cameras you mentioned in your question. And while the Moultrie does take good daytime pics, that's where the similarities end. After that, the Reconyx is light-years ahead of the Moultrie. And don't even get me started on the customer service from the companies themselves. I've had occasion to contact both entities and after my experience, Moultrie's customer service shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with Reconyx when it comes to customer service. IMO Reconyx is just the best top to bottom.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 2 previous posts say It all. The difference Is because there's a night and day difference In the quality of the 2 cams you listed. Yes the Reconyx cost's too much but there Is no comparing the two cams, not even close. You do get what you pay for, for the most part when talking trail cams.