Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
TrailCam Help, formatting issues? HELP! >

TrailCam Help, formatting issues? HELP!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

TrailCam Help, formatting issues? HELP!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Spike

Default TrailCam Help, formatting issues? HELP!

So, I bought my first trailcam. The Wildgame Innovations Ir4. The camera takes good pictures, but I have run into 2 obstacles. 1) I pulled the SD yesterday and popped it into my digital camera and it said it wasnt working properly. 2) It sometimes takes pictures that "arent formatted correctly". If I get 30 pictures, 15 of them will just be what I call blank pictures that won't show up. It often takes pictures of nothing, so I cut all possible wind blown weeds away and it has been much better, but still shows empty shots at times.

The WildGame Innovations websites mentions drivers. Do I need to plug the camera up and update some sort of firmware? Any ideas??
Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default clarification please

Do you mean you get a picture but there are no visible animals in it. Or do you mean you don't get a picture?

I have the same camera's and I one got 1056 photos of a weed in the foreground. sometimes the camera is so sensative that it takes pics when the wind blows. JMO
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't always think your trail cam has problems if it doesn't work in your digi. I can't put the card from my Cuddeback Capture into either of my Kodak easyshare or Nikon Coolpics cameras and see pics. I'd be more worried that you're getting corrupted pics on the card when viewing them in the computer. Does your computer have a sd reader? You can get the USB ones pretty cheap.