Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Advice on Moultrie d40 >

Advice on Moultrie d40

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Advice on Moultrie d40

Old 11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Spike

Default Advice on Moultrie d40

Looking at purchasing a moultrie d40 trail camera, I currently have a wildview 2 and the trigger speed is slower than molasses. I was wondering what the trigger speed is they say it is 1 second and if anyone has any opinion on this camera.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I have two of these and no complaints so far. If grass moves in front of the camera it will snap a picture or if the tree moves. During some windy weather my cams took pics once a minute for several days until the batteries went dead. So I set the camera to snap a picture every 5 minutes instead of every minute. But overall no complaints. It takes good pics.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a d40 this summer, i have run into the pictures of nothing with wind sometimes, but the battery life is really good so not too many worries. as far as wake up time it takes pictures quickly when it's on, but i believe that the camera goes into hibernation when not sensing anything to save batteries, so it might take a little bit to start up before firing off the picture.

That being said i really think that moultrie makes a top of the line product, the picture quality is above average, and you don't have to deal with the black and white and blurriness of the infra-red version (which i also have). You won't be disappointed!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I recently bought a wildgame innovations IR4 and had it out for two nights, had 24 pictures, 20 had a deer somewhere in the picture. It takes very good pictures at night and senses motion at a good range. Havent had any deer walk out in front of it during the day but i imagine they will be pretty darn clear too. Plus i got it at Bass Pro for 99 bucks.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are few from my D40.
Attached Thumbnails Advice on Moultrie d40-mdgc0163.jpg   Advice on Moultrie d40-mdgc0081.jpg   Advice on Moultrie d40-mdgc0035.jpg