Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
best cheap trail cam >

best cheap trail cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

best cheap trail cam

Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Spike

Default best cheap trail cam

First of all, I've been reading the forum for a long time, but I finally decided to post.

I'm looking for a cheaper trail camera. I'm not looking for great quality pics, I just want one that won't have 500 pictures of grass moving. In the area I hunt, there is a possibility it will be stolen, so I don't want to invest a lot of money. Which one does everyone recommend?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

i have 2 older wildviews that have worked very well i must say for what i paid. think they were like 60bucks each a few years ago. they will get tripped by the sun if you dont set them up right. they also dont have the fastest trigger speed- i use them mostly at scrapes and areas where the deer stand around. If you put them on a trail the deer could walk right by it and not trigger it if its movin too fast. They have there faults but ive learned there weaknesses and use them where they will work best. I have used them heavily and they have held up with no malfunctions. they take decent pics as well. Dont get me wrong tho-you get what you pay for!! They dont compare to my moultrie i60s but then you are talking alot more money.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

I just got a Wildgame Innovation 1.3 mega pixle for $50 great pictures and cheap
Old 09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie D40 runs about $70 bucks. Slow trigger speed is the only drawback that I have found.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

i got one of those 50 dollar 1.3's and it is great for the money. and i put it up on the same type of property with the risk that it would get stolen. for what i paid it took pics. i was satisfied. it doesnt flash most of the times at night and i understand this is a commen argument with it. i did get pics triggered from as far as about 80 ft from it tho. it definitly is a great one but it gets the job done for now. i wont buy another one tho, im thinking of stepping up a notch if i get the trespassing reduced, wanting to get the IR cams. just my thoughts.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Spike

stealth cam...bout a hundred dollars apiece for the ones i have but definetely worth the money when you see the trigger speed