Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

new trophy cam

Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Spike

Default new trophy cam

broke down and bought a trophy cam since i have no idea when stealth will get my prowler to me. love the size and set up of the trophy cam but seems way to dark during low light times.
any one else noticing this with theirs or did i get a dud
bright daytime and night pics are ok at best
Old 09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Spike

would love to hear your comments good or bad if you have tried the trophy cam
Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't been able to set mine out yet. Used in the back yard only. Pics were pretty good. My camera and printer will not read the 2 gb card though.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Spike

havent put mine out either just seems the pics from the yard are very dark so not sure how will do in the woods. hope to get it out in next few days. was just wondering were most people getting dark pics or if something was wrong with mine
Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

If you are refering to the new Bushnell Trophy Cam I have two of them out and am NOT impressed so far. It seems to easily take pictures of me but fails to take many pictures of animals. I am currently baiting for bear and have gotten a total of ONE picture of the bear so far and a couple of a doe. I have sat and watched racoons walk right up to the bait and dig around and the camera does not trigger. My bait has gotten torn up nearly every other day and ZILCH for pictures. The camera is about 10-15 feet from the bait.
I will give it a little more time and if it continues the way it is.....well, they'll be returned.
WW
Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Yep. Same problem here with the daytime pictures being to dark. That can be solved though using Picasa 3. I had to send mind back after only 3 weeks because it quit working.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Spike

I had 2 of them. One took several pictures before it completely stopped working. The second never took any pictures. They went back to Cabelas immediately. Loved the size of them. Too bad they have issues.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Spike

sounds like its a good thing they have that 2 year warranty !!!
of course if warranty is as slow as stealth its about useless
Old 09-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

After issues with Bushnell many years ago and their "warrantee" I swore I would NEVER again buy another Bushnell product. I guess I was caught at a weak moment when I was in Cabela's and saw the camo model on sale for $200. I got two and maybe they both have issues.
I am not satisfied with either of them yet. But I will give it some time to see if maybe it is me.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Spike

mine has triggered on cats and possums in the yard
really like it so far except for the darkness of pictures
hopefully will get it in the woods in a couple days
for a real test. my luck with cams has been awful so not
getting very hopeful yet