Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Do you move your camera with your stand? >

Do you move your camera with your stand?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Do you move your camera with your stand?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you move your camera with your stand?

i was just curious to what people did with their camera when they move their stand>> do you leave it behind for a week to see what you missed?? do you leave it at your current stand to see whats there when your not?? or do you scout ahead for another new spot for your tree stand?? just curious!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

I move a camera way before moving a stand. Looking for the next spot makes more sense than watching one you are leaving because of no deer.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I leave my cameras out during the season but don't like to leave them near my stands.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do the same as hoss, my cams are my advanced scouting team and I also leave the cam once I move a stand into the area, but during the season I only check my cams when I hunt a particular stand and dont make special trips just to check them. Pike
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

I'm hestitant to have my cameras by my stand locations. I may hang them along the same entrance or escape trails, but not overlooking what I would see when in the stand.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by J Pike
I do the same as hoss, my cams are my advanced scouting team and I also leave the cam once I move a stand into the area, but during the season I only check my cams when I hunt a particular stand and dont make special trips just to check them. Pike
couldnt of said it better-same here
Old 08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is my first year when i had a camera during the season so i was just curious to what you guys did...i think i will keep a camera at my current stand to see whats there and if i change my mind i can move it to a place i might want a stand....i was thinkin it would be kind of cool to keep it on while hunting....never know what you would catch on it if you didnt have a camera on you...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Spike

I put cameras out at my stand locations. That way, I know exactly what has been there, and if they were just passing through, or if they are hanging around. I also put cameras out at locations that I think might be a good place to put a stand. I just put out some more cameras two weeks ago, and I've gotten more pics from a spot where I don't have a stand than where I do have a stand. So, it may be worth moving to that location before the season starts. I also keep cameras on all the watering holes on my place. I've gotten some cool pictures of a variety of critters drinking.