Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

this sucks

Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Spike

Default this sucks

went to check my cam this morning, opened up the cam and the sd card wasnt pushed in all the way. theres a wasted week.
anybody else have any horror stories?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not yet anyway, set up my first cam last week and I am pretty sure it was all good when I left. Cross your fingers, should know for sure next week.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brash, I don't know what type of camera you have but there may still be pics on it's internal memory. Check it out.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have a DLC Covert II and a SG550. I've been running 8X lithium batteries in them, about $18 for 8 batteries. I checked my DLC about a month ago and the batteries were dead. I put new batteries and a fresh card in it. When I looked at the card when I got home, the DLC had created a folder on it and there was one pic in it. I figured it must have been a bad set of batteries.

Today, I checked my SG550. The batteries were (prematurely) dead in it and the remote control showed the card had one image on it. I put a new set of batteries in it and left the card in it. While I was changing batteries, I had the old dead ones in a grocery sack. Opening the pack of new ones, I fumbled one and it landed in the bag. Great, I narrowed it down to two batteries, but I didn't want to take a chance and put a dead one in with a fresh set, so I opened another pack of batteries. I got the digital volt meter out once I got home and figured out which was the fresh one.

So after changing batteries and leaving the card in the SG550, I went to move a ladder stand. I got to thinking while moving the stand, wondering if the card in the SG was the one that had been in the DLC when the batteries died. So I went back and swapped out the SD card and low and behold, the one image on it was from the DLC. Somehow, that SD card runs the batteries down. I've got it in my personal handheld camera now and I'll see how it works there. I bought the card new in July, never formatted it but I haven't formatted any of the SD cards I'm using.

So there are two wasted weeks.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Brash, I don't know what type of camera you have but there may still be pics on it's internal memory. Check it out.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

i thought about that, its about half and hour to the parking spot then another twenty min hike back to the cam. i might get brave and take the computer in. if it wasnt so hot and humid it would make my decision a lot harder. last week or so my pics were cut in half so i'm not that upset, this time