Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Camera Mounts

Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Camera Mounts

Recently purshased and set up a moultrie d40. Really don't like the bungies it came with, and didn't have anty straps that would work at the time. Was thinking of buying a mount for a more study set up. Was just wondering if some of you use one of these mounts and what brand you like. Any pros and cons would be nice too....
Thanks in advance...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

I have the moultrie tree mount, besides the screw tree step attachment that comes with it I really like it. The screw in thing is hard to start, and mine broke the second time I moved it. I ended up buying some EZY tree steps and welding bolts on the end to fit the tripod mount. (I assume the D40 has the tripod threads on the bottom of the camera like my I40, might want to check to be sure)

The actual mount is awesome. You just loosen it point it where you want and tighten it up. Couldn't be easier.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moultries tree mount is a absolute when you geta camera, I don't use the back I just screw the camera on the mount, could use better security but what can you do
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys, I found a great mounting/security system for all my cams, check out the camlockbox.com website, if you want to make your camera secure or just figure out a way to make it easy to mount you have got to get these, for the price its the best thing i've found (for those guys who'll accuse me of spamming, i don't have shares in their business but was pretty happy to find a Canadian dealer!!!)
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

I also bought a lock box when I got the I40. Got mine from huntbuzz, but I'm sure there are many brands. A few minutes in the welding shop for reinforcing and a rain sheild , a little rattle can, and out it went. I take a cordless drill and some lag bolts, up it goes.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bungies that come with the Moultrie suck. For places that I regularly hang the camera (like feeder at home and at the cabin), I have a nail in the tree. I hang it from the nail and just use a bungie on the bottom to keep it from swaying.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

for me it seems everywhere i put them there are bears so i like the secure feeling of a good steel box for my cams, that and the odd moron that feels he's entitled to just take one of my cameras....even if it is on my private land!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Them bears can be pesky. Don't have to worry about them here. I remeber when I hunted the UP and they would some how manage to get to the feeders, wish I had video of them doing it, they had to be pretty crafty to get to them...

For the cameras now, just want a better way to secure them to the tree, a tree rat could probably knock it down.

Last edited by BUCKMARK; 08-14-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added more...
Old 08-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckmark I dont like the straps that came with my D-40 either but I just replaced them with bungy cords (the ones that you secure something down with etc.) I just bring a couple different sizes and pick the bungies that fit the best on the tree I chooose to use. They hold the cam very snug to the tree. Pike