Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Camera experiment >

Camera experiment

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Camera experiment

Old 06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Camera experiment

Someone requested last week that since I have a good variety of cameras, that I put them to a little test. Well today I went to my spot and moved all three cameras, I left one at home sinceI have 2 Moultries,to the same spot, same tree. I placed them in the dark timber right next to a swamp. If you recall, last week ended a 16 day cycle with the cameras out and I was quite dissapointed with the pics I got in the swamp with the Stealthcam. So I thought I'd put all three of them in the same spot to see what differences there are. I didn't place any food, which I'm sure will be a disadvantage for the Moultrie and the Stealthcam, but we will see. I only plan on leaving them out about 7-10 days and then I will go back to normal monitoring. This test should tell me what cam is best suited for what situation. I will keep you alladvisedof my findings. Hey, I'm more than just your average addict!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Camera experiment

This should be very interesting! I cant wait to see the results! and i like the fact that you're more then just the average addict! its good to know that im not the only 1 who's koo koo over trail cams!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: leadoperator

This should be very interesting! I cant wait to see the results! and i like the fact that you're more then just the average addict! its good to know that im not the only 1 who's koo koo over trail cams!
Yah, you and me and about 50 others.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

What cameras are you using? I know the feeling about being koo koo about trail cameras. I am on my third Reconyx camera.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea Jim! See what pics you get and hopefully you can show some pics at the same time to see what each one catches. Go Moultrie!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I will be waiting on the results as well. I am going to go out on a limb and predict the stealth cam will be the weakest link. I have one and of the four I have thats my weakest link.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing the results too..
Old 06-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea, cant wait to see how many pictures each cam takes!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

This should be interesting. However, it is going to cut down on athe "Which camera is best" threads. Now if we could only think of a definitive broadhead test .
Old 06-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Jim, since you are experimenting, why don't you place a flash camera and an IR camera in the same location. Set you IR to video and you flash camera to burst mode and maybe you could video the effects of white flash on the deer and see how they react. I have been gonna do this for some time but since I had to pull my camera I never got around to it. Maybe somebody on here has done such an experiment but I haven't seen it. Since you produce some excellent pics anyway, I think you may get some really great footage. I may try and do that myself after the wheat harvest is over here.

Quick Reply: Camera experiment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.