Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 New spot was an EPIC FAIL >

New spot was an EPIC FAIL

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New spot was an EPIC FAIL

Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New spot was an EPIC FAIL

I had the camera set up field-side, and while the farmer was bailing today i went and checked it. It had only taken a few pictures. I don't know if it was aimed to low, or if their was no deer, or if it was just missing pictures. It didn't take any of his tractor moving by so i think i had it aimed at an angle into the ground. Anyways, i moved it farther into the woods and noticed a TON of deer tracks on this property. I set it up where a few trails come together on a ridge, it should take some nice pics if i leave it for awhile. The trails are about 150 yards from the stump lick.

...also i jumped a nice little buck today on the walk out..good sign, but im mad it did it

A select few of the bunch,

The clarity and detail in the night shot of the cat is amazing though...glad i didnt get the IR
Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New spot was an EPIC FAIL

Well atleast you got a couple photos. The camera doesn't seem to be at an odd angle. You'd think you would still capture something.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Caleb,

Can't wait to see the pics from your "new" new spot. Keep after man, you'll get there. By the way, I'm going to get my cams tomorrow and move them but I have no one to help. Wanna come along?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Couple of good pics though! I use a small combination square with a bubble level to make sure the cam is straight, when i want it that way. you would be amazed on how far the eye can be off sometimes in relation to the surrounding terrain. its cheap insurance.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

Caleb,

Can't wait to see the pics from your "new" new spot. Keep after man, you'll get there. By the way, I'm going to get my cams tomorrow and move them but I have no one to help. Wanna come along?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
If i was closer, i would be thier in a heartbeat buddy

My "new" spot looks promising. Their is a trail going up an OLD overgrown logging path and it meets up with a few others at the top in a little clearing. Tracks everywhere, just south of my lick. Should produce some good pics.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Siman08 those are some great quality pics. I'm thinking it may have just been the camera angle. To me if you look at your ( cat ) pic it seems like the angle is a little low. I just can't believe that it would not have picked up the farmer. Well hopefully the new spot has a little more action, keep us posted. That is a capture isn't it ? I havethe capture IR and am happy with the daytime pics but quite disappointed with the night time pics. I'm torn between getting another Moultrie I40 or the capture (flash).
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very clear pics! Don't worry about 1 time out. I know we can count on some top of the line pics from ya!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of the reviews (chasingame etc) say that the Cuddeback Capture has a very narrow detection cone (which helps to center the animal in the picture better, but misses alot if not properly placed).

crablclaw, get the Capture flash. You wont be disappointed. And dont buy into the gimmick that the IR models are better then the flash models.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of the reviews (chasingame etc) say that the Cuddeback Capture has a very narrow detection cone (which helps to center the animal in the picture better, but misses alot if not properly placed).
Yep, all Cuddebacks are this way for the exact reasons you listed. Can't you test It when you put it up? I do on all of mine, nothing worse then not having a camera lined up right.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Yep, all Cuddebacks are this way for the exact reasons you listed. Can't you test It when you put it up? I do on all of mine, nothing worse then not having a camera lined up right.
I can, but i usually just do it be eye and haven't had a problem. Guess i learned my lesson

Quick Reply: New spot was an EPIC FAIL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.