Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Reconyx camera Question. >

Reconyx camera Question.

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx camera Question.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reconyx camera Question.

Does anyone know the difference between the RC-55 an the RC-55HD Reconyx cameras?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reconyx camera Question.

I dont have a reconyx but im thinking the RC-55HD has something to do with High Definition. Just because HD means High Definition for alot of cameras and tv's.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pope94/IA

I dont have a reconyx but im thinking the RC-55HD has something to do with High Definition. Just because HD means High Definition for alot of cameras and tv's.
Thats what I am thinking. I should have an answer fromReconyx tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

AR,

Now don't hold me to this but I think it has something to do with the flash strength or range. I had to send mine into Reconyx for repair right after I got it and they upgraded the software to that status. I'm not sure if there's a way to get online and do it yourself or not. If you find out something different, please post for all to see.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Spike

Firmware Update: V 2.3.0.20090112There is a firmware update available for the RECONYX RapidFire and RapidFire Professional Cameras. This is a cumulative update and includes all updates for all RapidFire cameras since they were released in August of 2007. It includes the following enhancements: [ul][*]New 1080P HD Widescreen mode for RC55, RC60, MC65, PC85 and PC90[*]Shutter priority exposure control to reduce motion blur during dawn and dusk[*]Added Max Range as a night mode image option[*]Added quickset options (trail, scrape, feeder) to quickly select common settings[*]Added support for CF cards larger than 8GB (up to 32GB)[*]Improved night-time image quality[*]Improved compatibility with image viewers[*]Resolved issue with the LCD being too dark in cold weather[/ul]Here is a picture set on 3.1MP

Here is one set at the new wide angle 1080P HD

Old 06-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nick with Trail cam pro told me that it is justan upgrade for the rapidfire cameras. The upgrade can be downloaded from www.reconyx.com site. You down load it on to a SD card an then it autos straight to your camera when you insertthe card in your camera.

If anybody wants to know how to download it an can not figure it out. I willgive some directionsfor it. I will have to goback an figure out how to do it.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

AR,

Thanks for the update. Chalk up another one for trailcampro. No I don't work for them but they just have the best customer service anywhere. Here's one example; a month or so ago, I'm looking for an inexpensive white-flash camera to put in dark timber. I call these guys up and ask for recommendations. They didn't try to sell me something more expensive but instead steered me to an inexpensive camera, Stealthcam I-590,that they thought would work well for my situation. I had thecamera in my hands in two days. Then to top it off, the other day I get an email fromNick, just checking to make sure I was happy with my purchase and was everything working as it should. Try getting that type of personal service from some other places. For anyone looking to buy a trailcam, I couldn't recommend anyone else. Sorry AR wasn't trying to hijack your thread.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

AR,

Thanks for the update. Chalk up another one for trailcampro. No I don't work for them but they just have the best customer service anywhere. Here's one example; a month or so ago, I'm looking for an inexpensive white-flash camera to put in dark timber. I call these guys up and ask for recommendations. They didn't try to sell me something more expensive but instead steered me to an inexpensive camera, Stealthcam I-590,that they thought would work well for my situation. I had thecamera in my hands in two days. Then to top it off, the other day I get an email fromNick, just checking to make sure I was happy with my purchase and was everything working as it should. Try getting that type of personal service from some other places. For anyone looking to buy a trailcam, I couldn't recommend anyone else. Sorry AR wasn't trying to hijack your thread.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
You did fine sir.
As far as your post X2