Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Large post of crappy pictures... >

Large post of crappy pictures...

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Large post of crappy pictures...

Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Large post of crappy pictures...

Well... this was a good/bad, more bad than good, situation. I checked my stealth camera and it only had 5 pictures, and I know for a fact there would have been 100+ photos because the spot was a hot spot. I opened up the front and ants came out. Someone posted a ant thread not to long ago and I think Ijynxed myself. Imhoping the batteries went dead andthats the reason Ionly had 5 pictures. Everything was dead on it, the frontscreen and theLCD screen, so hopefully the batteries went out and the ants had no happening in it. Im gonna look around the house for some C batteries and try getting it to start up again.

Thegood news on thestealth cam is that the only deer Igot pictures of was a buck.

Their was way to many bads for my moultrie. The only good that I got was that I had more pictures of bucks than of does. The bad is that the picture quality sucks overall, the daytime motion bluryiness sucks, and the sun kind of sucks... Some of the pictures have two and three diffearnt bucks in them all together. Another bad is that I dont have any pictures of the little fawns yet.

This is a buck. Its hard to tell but it is. I have other pictures of him.

And then my favorite pic of the week...

You can't beat watchinga buck in velvet squating to take a poop

Old 05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Large post of crappy pictures...

Still some great pics.

I noticed that my Moultrie's quality went downhill with the more pics it took. The flash also gets weaker is the batteries are dying. You guys are starting to worry me about ants now.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This white cow really had a thing for my camera. It kept staying next to it and smudging its face against my camera. My camera was covered in mood lol.

Daytime coon.

This calf had a thing for my camera also...

Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Nice pics, what kind of salt are you using.
Martin
Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

At least the cows didnt break it
Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks siman. Lol you replied a little to quick. I wasn't done posting pictures.
I still have more coming.

It's like in the movies... when your sitting at a campfire and all of a sudden you see glowing eyes watching you.

I think this was the buck I shot this past season. I hit the shoulder and it left me with a faint blood trail to follow and it stopped about a couple miles away from where I shot it. The reason I think it is the one I shot is because the one side of the antler is growing funny. Doesn't that happen when a deers hip or shoulder is injured? It could also be a diffearnt buck someone else shot and wounded. But it keeps me wondering.
Btw the other deer in this photo is a buck also.

Threebucks here.

Party time?

Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im posting a little slow tonight. I'm a little bit tired and knowing I have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. to go to drivers ed doesn't help any.

martinfaw, I never knew their was differant kinds of salt. lol. My grandpa threw a plain salt block on for his cattle 5 years ago on their and the cattle and deer just tore it apart and still are. When it rained the salt melted into the ground and the deer and cattle dig for it.

My most growth yet. Hopefully the brow tines keep growing like they are. I think most of the deer around my area dropped their sheds late so right now the bucks are doing pretty good in growth.

Both of those are bucks.

Heres my camera when I got to it. My grandpa's cows wouldn't even hurt a fly. They are very tame-like. They probably licked my camera to death.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Overall, a good set of pics. alot of info there for you to learn from. thanks for posting!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pope,

That's alot of good pictures. Sorry about your ant problem. Here's what I did with my camera after my great ant invasion on Memorial day. I brought it home and opened it up, hoping if I just left it alone the ants would go away on their own, they didn't. So I sprayed a wash cloth down with insecticide and placed it in a garbage bag with the camera. After 24 hrs there were only about 4-5 ants left alive. I killed them and then took the camera apart. I sprayed it out with that stuff you use on computer keyboards and I think I got them all. I set it up in the yard and it took several pics so I guess it's okay. Yesterday, my brother-in-law came by and asked me if I had any cams at home so he could set one up on one of his spots. That's all it took, we were out the door in less than five minutes. It lookslike one of the problems with your Moultrie is the batteries. Anytime the batteries get weak, the background gets dark like that. When I started getting into trailcams really hot and heavy, I purchase a cheap battery tester from wally-world. Now everytime I go out to check cams or swap cards, I test the batteries too.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think the ants did anything to the camera I think the camera only needs new batteries. The batteries were almost dead before I set it up. We have a battery tester but it doesn't seem to work. Every battery, wheather its dead or still charged, reads fully charged on the tester.
I use rechargable batteries for my moultrie so Im gonna have that problem every two-three weeks. I charge each battery twice, sometimes three times, and the batteries last longer. During the deer season Ill buy energizer batteries just because they last longer.

My title reads, large post of crappy pictures..., I didn't mean it like the pictures have nothing worth seeing. I mean the quality is crappy. Just had to get that out their.

I need to hurry and get my cameras back out so I can get pictures of the little ones.

Quick Reply: Large post of crappy pictures...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.