Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Idea for some fun >

Idea for some fun

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Idea for some fun

Old 03-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Idea for some fun

I just got an idea this morning. Turkey season is coming up fast. I'll be sitting in a ground blind with some decoys out. This year though I'm going to take a trail cam with me and set it up just a little ways away from my blind facing my decoys. I'm hoping to get some good pics from the time a bird comes in to when I'm walking out to get it. (If I'm lucky of course). More or less, I'm wondering if anyone else would like to try this? See what we can come up with.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idea for some fun

Thats a great idea. Especially if your cam has video mode Would definitely like to see that!

Joe
Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mottz,

On the surface that appearsto be a great idea, but I know the real reason you want to do that. You are so addicted/obsessed with your trailcams, that you just can't stand the thought of being away fromthem forthat long. I don't know if you are married or not but I would be curious to know how your wife feels about this "other" love of yours.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may be correct PastorJim!! They don't do me any good sitting in the basement. They are itching to get out thereAnd the wife gets really frustrated when I go out and check cameras. She thinks I look forward to that more than hunting itself. Which may, not quite, be true also. Its hard knowing the cameras are out there with pictures just waiting to be seen.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may have to try that this year. you can only take so many pictures of the neighbors cats before it gets boring.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

beat ya to it! This was shot opening weekend in FL. I've been chomping at the bit to try this since starting to fool with Covert Scouting Cameras. We killed three birds on video, but this is the only one that walked infront of the trail cam.
http://www.vimeo.com/3917878