Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Question about videos on the I-40 >

Question about videos on the I-40

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Question about videos on the I-40

Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question about videos on the I-40

Everyone,

As you can see from my previous thread, I posted a few videos from my Moultrie I-40. This was my first attempt at videos and I really had mixed results. First of all, I only got about 6-8 vids and probably as many still pics even though when I went to retrieve the camera, the screen said; memory full. I don't know why it would even take still pics when I had it set to the video mode. Secondly, I had the video length set at 30sec and only one vid came out at 30 sec, the rest were like 5 seconds. Do you all think I need to use a larger sd card for videos,I am using a 1 gig card, or do you think it was a malfuntion of some sort?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Spike

Default RE: Question about videos on the I-40

PastorJim - I also havethe I-40. From my experience with the camera, when it is set to video mode and an object moves in front of the motion sensor, a still picture is taken followed by a video clip. I too have my videos set for 30 seconds. However, a 30 second video will only occur during daylight conditions. Those videos taken at night will only be 5 seconds in length.no need to get a larger sd card unless you want to store more than a 1000 pics on it.I had my camera set on a trail this past week and only got about 10 photos/videos. All but one were at night. This is the only disappointment i have with the I-40 camera. other than that, i think it works great.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about videos on the I-40

hoytPA,

Thanks for the info. What you describe about your camera is exactly what I got. There were two vids in the daylight, one being my walk test, and the other of a deer running through the frame. These were the only two which were 30sec. in length. Thanks again for your insight. I too, am very pleased with the I-40s at this point.

Blessings.....Pastorjim