Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 New member - my best homebrew pics >

New member - my best homebrew pics

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New member - my best homebrew pics

Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default New member - my best homebrew pics

Hey everybody, new to this site. I am a member of a few hunting sites, just don't know why i haven't registered here until now.

I live in SE Iowa and am blessed some of the best hunting in the country. I have bowhunted now for 25 years. Spent alot of my first 15 years hunting public land. Saw some of the biggest bucks of my life there.

4 years ago i gained permissoin to hunt a 250 acre piece that is probably 200 acres of crops. Train tracks running right thru the middle of it. Doesn't bother the animals too much. They're used to it.Another big part of my life is trailcamming. Gives me something to do in the offseason. I've been doing that for the last 8 years. After not being able to find a quality trailcamera, i started making my own. Homebrews. Very addicting. So far i have 7 homebrews and 1 IR video unit.

Here are some of the best pics i have from this 250 acre farm from the last 4 years. Also a picture of the 185" buck i harvested in october of 2007.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New member - my best homebrew pics

Those are some stunning pictures Jerry, what model hoembrew do you use?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome pics! those are some hogs, that buck in pic 8 has giant main beams! what model do u have?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Iowabucks44

That my friend, is one of, if not the GREATEST, trail camera picture i have ever seen. Unbelievable.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iowabucks44,

Those of us who are addicted have been waiting for you to come here to be absorbed into our club. What took you so long? Seriously, those are some awesome pictures. Please keep them coming in order to feed the "addiction."

Blessings.....Pastorjim

P.S. to all, Reconyx Pictures in two days!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Spike

THATS AN AWESOME DISPLAY OF BUCKS YOU HAVE PLEASE SEND MORE INFO ON THE HOMEBREW YOUR USING.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usuallydo not login just kind look through the posts now. But I had to let Iowabucks44 know those are someawesome bucks.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, great bucks.
Are any of those pics recent? I see 05'-07 years.
How many of those hoss's are still running around?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have some serious deer. Those are some great pictures,
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Picures 6, 7, 8, and 13 are all the same buck. Got 25 pictures of him the year before last, all in the daytime. Never set eyes on him yet. Did find one of his sheds last spring but henever made it in front of the camera last fall. We had beans instead of the corn so i'm thinking he may have moved to a corn field nearby. I haven't heard of him being shot so i can only hope he will be around with corn in the fields this year. I'm guessing he should have been close to 200" last fall. He has a rather small body though, so he may still be young. Picture 4 was the same buck the year before. Picture 9, 10, 11, and 12 are all from last fall. None of them were taken as far as i know. It was a pretty slow rut. I didn't see any of the bucks pictured, actually nothing over 135". It got so slow i had to go hunt somewhere else. I bet i had at least 10 days this rut that i never saw a thing. Can't wait to seewhat 2009 will bring.

The homebrews i use run Sony P41's. I also have 2 Sony S40's and one S600. I love using these cameras because after you harvest a deer, ou just have to walk to your nearest trailcamera, take the camera out, and use it for the harvest pictures. There are a few companies out there that make the PIR boards that will trigger the camera. The camera also has to be "hacked". Thats opening them up to solder wires or attach a ribbon cable to hook up to the PIR board so the cameras can be powered up, shuttered, and powered down. Buy a case to put it all in, drill holes for the glass and your all set. They are exactly the same as the trailcameras you see for sale by Snapshot Sniper. http://www.snapshotsniper.com/Features.htm.These places do sell all the other parts you need to build them. Some even sell kits. You supply the camera. I can also get you some links to other homebrew forums if you are interested.

I've got more pictures i can post. Great pictures, just a little smaller deer.

Quick Reply: New member - my best homebrew pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.