HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   RC60 Vs No Flash Cuddeback (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/282906-rc60-vs-no-flash-cuddeback.html)

Schultzy 01-15-2009 08:54 PM

RC60 Vs No Flash Cuddeback

Last Saturday I put out 3 camera's. 2 of the camera's I put In the same spot (One above the other). The 2 camera's I put together were the RC60 Reconyx (2008 model) and a No Flash Cuddeback (2006 model). I wanted to see how many pics my cuddeback would miss being I knew the RC60 wouldn't be missing any, there one outstanding camera when It comes to picking stuff up. To my surprise the cudde only missed 2 pics out of 40. I figured It was going to be more then that. The one thing I did notice was that the RC60 would trigger a second quicker then the cuddeback- Reason being, the trigger time Is much faster and the viewing range Is much wider on the RC60. Most of the 1st pics on my RC60 were head and neck shots and then the full body shots. The cuddeback pics are almost always dead center In the middle. Comparing the quality of the day time pics between the 2 I gotta say the cuddeback wins that one hands down. Yet, have I seen a camera with a better quality day time pic then a cuddeback. The night pics were a horse a piece. In the warmer temps I think the RC60 night time pics were allot better then the cuddeback. According to the Reconyx website I'm suppose to be using rechargables when It gets cold. I'm guessing that's why I wasn't as Impressed with the night time pics as I was earlier this year. The temps have been -20 to -30 below here the last week or so.

Edcyclopedia 01-16-2009 05:06 AM

RE: RC60 Vs No Flash Cuddeback

Well...
Post them already, were not Ray Charles, we would like to see them!:)

Schultzy 01-16-2009 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Well...
Post them already, were not Ray Charles, we would like to see them!:)
I deleted all of the pics Ed, sorry! A bunch of doe's and fawns. There was also one buck I'm guessing as well that probably already had shed. I couldn't see holes In his head from where the antlers should of been but he pissed and rubbed his hauks together like they do In a scrape. The video wasn't to good with the cuddeback being the battery's were run down so there could of easily been holes on his nogan that I couldn't see.

Edcyclopedia 01-16-2009 05:45 AM

Picture tease!

Schultzy 01-16-2009 05:56 AM

Lol!!:D

AR Bowhunter 01-16-2009 03:44 PM

Schultzy,

I have the RM45 an it will take 5 pics in three secondsin RF mode. That is withefilm CFcard. Besure an let me know about those card comparsions.

Thanks,
Ar Bowhunter

MathewsShooter30 01-17-2009 10:02 AM

The No Flash is a very good camera!!!