Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I NEED HELP

Old 09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I NEED HELP

ok the first set of picturews i got off of my trail cam were great i had a ton of dear on them like 70 pics then the second set all i had was coons then the 3rd all coons then finnally the fourth all coons and a couple turkeys i dont understand why i now have no deer pictures and all coon pictures do the coons affect the deer? if so how can i get more deer out there a fewer coons. my bait is: salt block, deer cane, a little bit of corn, andsome apples, and a litlle food plot of greens. any advice on my predicament would be much appreciated thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I NEED HELP

Im haveing the same problem at my stand gonna set my coon traps out I guess and take care of those little boogers, dont know what to do with the turkeys till turkey season.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem and I started setting traps. I caught one and it seemed to work at keeping the others away. I think I have had 1 coon pic in a month.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm ill try that by the turkeys werent a problem that is only the third time ive seen turkeys in my woods
Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like there is too much of an assortment of bait which is attracting un wanted guests. IMO. I would break it down to just a lick or cane. That or find out what they are eating and try moving the camera.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok il stop putting anything out but salt but i did do that last week and they still came
Old 09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have a lot of acorns around there? My deer sighting have dropped considerably since the acorns started dropping. We have a bumper crop this year. I don't have a big problem with coons, they might show up every other week and they don't stay long. I have one picture of a nice 8pt kicking the coon off the pile. I don't think the coons scare the deer away.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I use for picture taking moments is the Trophy Rock. I've never caught pictures of anything else eating on that. I put that out in May or so til August for inventory pics and then I'll move my cams to see where they spend most of their time eating or cruising lanes.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok im only gonna have the block and soem cane out there next time
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont believe that coons are running your deer off at all, I have tons of pics with deer and coons eating together.Up until 2 weeks ago i was getting lots of deerpics in my food plots then here comes hurricaneIKE, he decided to blow bunches of acorns outof the trees,andguess what deer like them better than oats and corn. So check the ground in your hunting area and see if you have acorns on the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.