Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Mounting game camera?? >

Mounting game camera??

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Mounting game camera??

Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM

Default Mounting game camera??

I have bought a Moultrie 4.0 game camera and a AT-5 camera mount.The bungee cords will not hold the camera tight to the mount. I think the best solution is to drll some holes and install bolts. Before I drill holes in the back of the camera case. Is there anything I should know or consider before drilling the holes??
I am using the AT-5 mount because there are numerous T fence posts aroud plus the ease of mounting to a tree with a strap.

Thanks,
Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mounting game camera??

I've drilled holes in the side of a 3.0 for eye bolts when I broke the factory holes. I just took the case apart and made certain there wouldn't be any interference. I used lock washers and clear silicon to seal out the weather. It worked well. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mounting game camera??

I've had to make a small bracket to put under my Moultrie 4.0 camera to hold it up onto any tree because it weighs too much and the cheap bungee straps are next to useless in holding the camera up,then when I get it set up I stick a piece of wood at the top or bottom to tilt it into position to aim the camera and keep it there.Most people have had similar and more trouble with the newer Moultrie Camera's and their new "Strap" holder not working very well either!